If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Consumer Insights role has three broad thrusts. First, we must dig deeper to better understand the consumer at a fundamental motivational level – hopefully uncovering “conflicts in the heart” that Canoo is capable of addressing to maximize loyalty. Second, we must apply this insight to our brand positioning architecture, refining brand purpose, a unified “unique brand offer,” supporting benefit pillars, personality, etc. Third, as our launch date nears (early 2021) we must trigger desire for “membership” by applying insights as we sharpen communication/content programs designed to spur action.
Where This Role Fits with the Team:
The role fits within the Mobility Team – anything not connected with the actual engineering of the vehicles. This group has two clusters: brand and consumer engagement (which this position will be affiliated with) and growth/go-to-market product development. The two groups work hand in hand. There will be supporting cross-functional work with Design, Quality, Communications Supply Chain, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Corporate Strategy.
- Resourcefully lead research suppliers – mostly, but not exclusively, qualitative and ethnographic – to paint a rich, psychographic picture
Canoo’s target. This includes passion points, views of the future, how they talk about mobility and language to optimize dimensions of our own service
- Identify properties, based on insight, that we can own to deepen the Canoo experience
- Partner with the Growth leader to shape a tiered membership program that offers benefits beyond the basics of a subscription model to reinforce affiliation
- Develop KPIs that reflect our ability to enhance engagement with the brand over time
- Socialize findings within the organization – including the design team and other product leaders -- to ensure alignment regarding relevance of marketing initiatives and an optimized balance between “vehicle” and “lifestyle/identity” communications/initiatives
- B.A. in Marketing, Liberal Arts, Creative Writing, Journalism, Marketing, Communications or any related field. We’re looking for an amateur cultural anthropologist
- Seven or more years working in research with a company that understands the importance of consumer insights as the lynchpin of profit
- Experience with:
- The entire research process: thematizing, designing, interviewing, analyzing, reporting
- Projective techniques that uncover insights more effectively that direct questions
- Evaluation of different suppliers who manage costs effectively without sacrificing depth of findings
- Online research tools, both qualitative and quantitative
- Intellectually expansive
- Adaptable and flexible
- Effective planner
- Socially expressive/extroverted
- Goal Oriented and Focused
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
EVelozcity Inc. is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.