Computer Vision Scientist
Computer Vision is a key ingredient in behavioral analysis on our real-time home security system at Ring. We are looking for a lead computer vision scientist with proven experiences in a computer vision algorithms from a scratch to a commercial product (e.g., problem definition, modeling, implementation, testing, optimization and field analysis).
As a role of computer vision scientist at Ring, the tasks will be defined as defining challenging problems, executing possible solutions and verifying those solutions on a home security system. You will need to use state of art computer vision algorithms for a problem that a camera system is having. You are also welcome to use different type of sensor to solve the existing problems such as PIR, IR, TOF, Radar, Proximity or Laser sensor.
We're looking for a passionate and creative scientist to upgrade our security products to the next level of world leading solution by using challenging and exciting computer vision problems.
What You'll Do
- Lead algorithm team for providing state of art algorithms
- Design a high efficient, fully customized computer vision algorithms
- Define new approaches to identify existing computer vision issues
- Design a reliable and scalable algorithm on an embedded or cloud system Research and test new sensors and algorithms to verify for the future products Support system design in the aspect of algorithm performance
- Support build deployment, management, and monitoring issues
- Collaborate with end -user products to understand computer vision needs Build specifications and collaborate/guide with 3rd-party algorithm company
Skills and Qualifications
- MS or PhD Degree in computer science or related discipline
- Research experiences from state of the art computer vision approaches
- 5 years experiences on scene analysis (background estimation, segmentation, tracking, matching, classification, error recovery etc.) experiences on a stationary/moving camera
- 2-3 years’ experience in image processing, computer vision, and/or machine learning (industry experience is a plus)
- Sensor analysis experiences such as PIR, IR, TOF, Radar or Laser
- Solid software engineering skills on Linux and server environment
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS or similar is a plus)
- Experience with hysteresis and behavioral object analysis is a plus
- Expertise in either deep learning and/or multi spectral analysis a plus
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Read Full Job Description