Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
The Perception Team at Anduril is developing software at the intersection of machine learning, computer vision, and sensor fusion. We apply convolutional deep learning techniques to multi-spectral sensor inputs for autonomous detection and classification. Lattice Ghost UAS, Sentry Tower and other autonomous platforms work in tandem to fuse these detections using Bayesian inference. Our engineers also apply classical techniques in computer vision to perceive environmental features for pose estimation and GPS-denied navigation. Computer Vision Engineers at Anduril develop cutting edge software for autonomous operation and situational awareness.
- Research and implement computer vision and machine learning models
- Collaborate and contribute with other engineers to facilitate creation of novel systems
- Find the optimal balance between setting and maintaining a research direction, and day-to-day delivery of robust technologies
- Determine implementation and optimization of algorithms
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Robotics or related technical field
- Experience developing software and algorithms for computer vision, machine learning or computer graphics applications
- Solid understanding using scientific computing frameworks & strong programming skills
- Deep understanding of machine learning fundamentals
- Experience with open source computer vision and linear algebra frameworks
- Strong instincts for efficiency and optimization
- Passion for machine learning and related fields
- Experience working on depth sensor technology, SLAM, and/or imaging/camera systems
- Prior experience in VR, AR and/or MR
- Experience with CPU/GPU programming
- Experience with OS internals and kernel development/debugging
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access U.S. only data systems and export controlled data.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!