If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Autonomous Driving Software Engineer will be responsible for implementing autonomous driving software features on our in vehicle ECUs.
Responsibilities and Goals
- Implement the Autonomous driving features defined in the company master feature list.
- Design and implement computer Vision based and deep learning based lane detection algorithms.
- Develop object detection and classification algorithms
- Develop Sensor fusion for higher fidelity localization and path planning
- Develop algorithms for driver monitoring
- Develop convolutional neural network based computer vision algorithms for object detection and semantic segmentation
- Rapid prototyping and integration of AD features into our vehicle test fleet
- BS/MS/PhD in software engineering, Computer science, Electrical engineering or similar with bleeding edge industry experience.
- Experience using ROS based self-driving car sensor fusion platform
- Software: Linux C/C++ Python CUDA
- Computer vision: Feature extraction, classification, object detection. Keras/Tensorflow, MxNet.
- Familiar with state-of-the-art CNN architectures on localization (RCNN, YOLO, SSD) and segmentation (FCN, UNet, Mask RCNN)
- Simulation: Vires Virtual Test Drive, Simulink, Dspace ASM, sensor modelling of lidar radar camera ultrasonic, multi-body vehicle dynamics modelling.
- Familiar with implementing standard AD feature sets such as: AEB, ACC, Lane centering.
- Solid understanding of state of the art AD software development and Testing methodologies and tools.
- Keen to work in a fast paced fun startup environment.
- Good organizational, planning and communications skills.
- Effective team player with internal and external resources
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.