Competitive Research Analyst
As the Competitive Research Analyst, you’ll be a part of Procore’s Product Marketing team, working in conjunction with the Sales, Product, Marketing, and other internal teams to help drive smarter business decisions. You’ll be the expert on our competitor(s) and responsible for all insights and understanding of a competitor set and ensure the sales team is knowledgeable and properly equipped to win. As a successful Competitive Research Analyst, you are detail oriented, analytical, proactive, collaborative, and self-motivated.
What you’ll do:
- Manage elements of, and execute on, a comprehensive competitive intelligence plan
- Gather, analyze, and synthesize information about the construction and related tech markets, focusing on both existing and emerging competitive landscapes
- Develop concise, audience-appropriate, actionable communications characterized by their strategic insight
- Develop up-to-date tools (battle cards, product analyses, competitive responses, internal and external presentations, etc.), with a view toward improving sales effectiveness
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns and fill knowledge gaps in Procore’s understanding of its competitors
- Develop and maintain a network of information sources, including internal teams, distributors, partners, customers, and industry experts
- Research and keep current on market/competitor trends and news
- Define and report on competitive metrics
- Brief internal teams on competitor technologies messaging and positioning
- Foster internal competitive information sharing
What we’re looking for:
- 1-2 years of experience in technical sales, marketing, or consulting
- Ability to dissect complex issues, analyze data, and draw strategic insights to inform decisions
- Excellent written communication and persuasion skills
- Must be energetic, creative, and self-motivated
- Strong project management and organizational skills to manage schedules and deadlines within ongoing and new campaigns
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.