Business Intelligence Engineer at Tinder
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:09 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, August 5, 2021
Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive and rapidly growing.
The Analytics team powers data-informed decision-making at Tinder, and we are hiring a Business Intelligence Engineer to join our growing team. We are looking for someone with broad analytics and technical skills to dive into large amounts of data and influence decisions with powerful data visualizations and dashboards. You will help to design and implement enrichment pipelines, working with partners to ensure that important decision makers have access to the information needed to delight our members.
We are looking for a detailed-oriented problem solver who is passionate about turning data into information. In this role, you will regularly work with data engineers, data scientists and product managers. You will maximize a comprehensive dataset of user behaviors to develop rollups, reports, and dashboards to guide our business decisions.
What You'll Do:
- Work cross-functionally to support multiple stakeholders and provide insights within different parts of the business.
- Define and operationalize the detailed tracking of company-wide, team-specific, and product-specific performance metrics via rollup tables, dashboards, and automated reporting
- Take product and analytics specs and convert them into easy to understand datasets
- Conduct comprehensive impact analysis of product/marketing initiatives, and provide recommendations that drive optimizations for future initiatives
- Understand business objectives and define clear KPIs
- Find the “story” in the data and readily share insights across the organization
- 1-2 years of experience with data analysis using SQL and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau or Mode) required
- Familiarity with ETL processes recommended
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and independently manage competing priorities
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and a willingness to collaborate with multiple business partners
- Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- We are looking for creative, tenacious problem solvers who are passionate about our product and excited to work with our rich, complex dataset
- Familiarity with A/B testing and statistical measures is a plus
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• A robust Learning + Development offering including our MentorMatch program, access to a library of 6,000+ online learning courses through Udemy, and an annual L+D stipend
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.