Business Intelligence Analyst
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Business Intelligence Analyst to join us on our journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Business Intelligence Analyst you’ll partner closely with our Information Technology teams to turn data into insights that shine light into the health of our business, the effectiveness of our processes and initiatives, and the behavior of customers. The ideal candidate is a team player who possesses a natural curiosity about data backed by the technical ability to process and make sense of large-scale data sets.
This position is based in our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you'll do:
- Identify business intelligence, reporting, and data analysis needs
- Develop a deep understanding of the business to effectively identify and address critical issues
- Provide data that is accurate, congruent and reliable, and ensure the information is easily available to users for direct consumption or integration with other systems
- Educate and train customers to use data as an analytical tool, displaying the information in new forms and content for the purpose of analysis and option exploration
- Partner with Business Analysts to determine business requirements, priorities, define key performance indicators and develop business intelligence and data warehouse strategy
- Design, and document dashboards, alerts, and reports
- Provide leadership and independent initiatives in facilitating information gathering, structured documentation, and presentation of findings to all levels of management
- Conduct analyses of functional business processes and requirements and participate in the development of business cases in the support of process changes and/or IT projects
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years in a data analytics role with strong problem-solving skills
- Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Business Management, Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or specialized training/certification); or equivalent work experience
- Ability to recognize abnormalities in trends, boundary problems and thresholds
- Ability to gather cross-functional requirements and translate them into practical engineering tasks and technical deliverables
- Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to present strong data-driven storylines and content to both general and senior audiences
- Demonstrated experience understanding customer needs, and independently translating them into effective solutions
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and concepts is a plus (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of SQL and experience working with relational databases
- Experience with Tableau, Looker, or similar BI/Data Visualization tool
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environment is a plus
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.