Business Analyst, Business Applications
at sweetgreen (View all jobs)
Treehouse Support Center - LA
Our people are our most valuable ingredient at sweetgreen - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly make the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
Since opening our doors in 2007, our team has been on a mission to build healthier communities, starting with real food. We’ve been unwavering in our commitment to scratch cooking and transparent sourcing, but over time customer appetite and demand for convenience has grown.
As we continue to scale, we need to ensure that our restaurant staff and leadership have access to best in class tools and experiences to do their jobs well - from prepping ingredients and food safety to restaurant technology.
We are seeking a Business Analyst - Business Applications to support digital products and tools focused on the experience of our team members. This role will partner with business stakeholders, best in class vendors, and development teams to deliver features that enable sweetgreen to achieve business goals and drive our operations forward.
Key Areas of Ownership Include:
- Operate as business/technical analyst focused on internal business applications and tools
- Support development of product roadmap for Business Applications initiatives- including planning, prioritization, trade-offs, stakeholder communication, and delivery
- Building strong relationships with stakeholders to understand their business needs and translate them into workable requirements and backlog items
- Writing, maintaining, and designing technical and product documentation for internal use
- Problem solving across various technology systems & business processes to propose ideas, scope features, and implement solutions
- Hands-on-keys data manipulation, testing, training, and deploying new Business Applications tools and initiatives
- Strategic vision and the ability to see where the organization is headed, define opportunities, and iterate products/features with current and to be selected solutions;
- Align with current teams/processes and support ongoing improvements to make them more efficient. Ensure project teams have a proactive approach to delivery against commitments.
- Continually seek opportunities for driving greater impact through our systems/tools. Prioritize product and feature enhancements to align with overall enterprise product roadmap
- 3-5 years experience in management consulting, technical analysis, product/project management, or HR/Finance background
- Demonstrated experience translating product features and experiences into platform capabilities and requirements within agile, fast-moving environment
- Experience working with and selecting SaaS vendors
- Business, technical, or data analyst background as part of a product/engineering team
Great Candidates for the position will have a proven track record demonstrating the following:
- Analytical Mind + Approach
- Able to work from the end customer backwards, understanding their challenges and relentlessly pursuing opportunities to improve operational excellence
- Data-driven within people-first environment; understanding of the interplay of business processes and technology to deliver a best in class product
- Understands KPIs from quantitative and qualitative perspective, the way digital products affect them, and how to build measurement and feedback loops for both
- Process Management
- Exceptional combination of strategic thinking and detail orientation.
- Able to frame problems, identify action items, and hold others accountable.
- Superior communication, interpersonal and influence skills with a variety of styles.
- Able to clearly absorb complex concepts, clarify context, requirements, and processes.
- Forward thinking to identify opportunities, take initiative, and think through future implications
- Passion + Patience
- A healthy obsession with digital tools + technology that lead to new and useful ways for solving problems
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to consider multiple audiences, bring people along the change curve, and articulate rationale for change throughout the organization
- A proactive, high energy attitude geared towards achieving continuous improvement.
- A laser focus on getting things done, and an inspiring level of patience as you work through ambiguity. Ability to creatively solve hard problems in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.