Broker Operations Analyst
What you'll do
- Own the maintenance and organization of license renewal dates, health plan appointments, and state compliance dates.
- Participate in Special Projects that will help uncover new and different verticals within the health insurance industry.
- Contact insurance companies for appointment related activities.
- Research and analyze insurance opportunities within each state.
- Own key enrollment processes (major medical, dental, vision) and understand the enrollment pathways like the back of your own hand.
- Continuously improve processes and look for ways to make things more efficient.
- Manage complex and large scale cross-team, cross-functional initiatives.
- Interface with engineers, data science, customer experience, and product to further define milestones.
- Proactively raise, manage, and resolve challenges.
- Quickly learn and keep up with health insurance terms, definitions, and the overall political climate as it pertains to health insurance.
What you'll bring
- Preferred at least 1 year experience as an analyst or project manager in a software, SaaS, or systems development environment.
- Solid technical aptitude in Mac OS, proficient in basic office software tools (Google Spreadsheets & Docs).
- Ability to take large amounts of information and organize it in a way that is simple and easy to understand and consume.
- Almost neurotically detail-oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence.
- Natural love for generating simple solutions from complex problems.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, without losing sight of highest priority items.
- Ability to focus in a dynamic work environment and thrive while responding to unexpected and highly sensitive challenges.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, startup environment is desired.
JOANY’s culture balances the serious nature and tone of a professional healthcare company with the move-fast and execute tone of a high growth tech company. We believe in working hard and producing, but doing it in a positive and friendly environment where collaboration is rampant. We are all working at JOANY for the same reason - to revolutionize healthcare. To do that, we innovate and execute together every single day - work, teach, learn, eat, and win (or sometimes fail) as a team - a team of A players. You have to want and believe in making health insurance simple and transparent with a level of service that is unprecedented in this industry - for everyone.