Big Data Tech Lead
Clublabs is a rapidly growing technology and design shop in Los Angeles. We are the innovation lab for AAA – the proving ground for ideas that exceed our members’ expectations. We rest upon delivering maximum value to our members and business, solving for the problem, trust through transparency, and collaboration. These principles help us make the biggest impact, remove silos, embrace change, and continuously learn. They’re realized every day in how we work: open, lean, innovative, accountable, and fun.
ClubLabs is looking for a talented Big Data Tech Lead to join our growing team in downtown LA. We’re still in the early stages of developing big data specific projects and need enthusiastic technical leaders to continue driving our Big Data competencies across the organization.
- Leading development & delivery of technical solution
- Leading and mentoring developers
- Architecting and coding solutions using big data tools and techniques
- Understanding complex business problems to ensure projects are leveraging the appropriate technology and analytical tools in the delivery of a comprehensive solution
- Understand the business goals/needs while utilizing big data technology to ingest and analyze large amounts of data
- Understand how to transform findings into actionable business opportunities
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree with an emphasis on Computer Science or Engineering
- 5-10 years working experience in a technical lead or an architect role
- 10-15 years of Experience working with relational databases and MPP
- 3-5 years of Experience developing solutions on Hadoop and NoSQL databases
- Ability to think outside the box and understand the big picture thought process
- Ability to communicate clearly to business owners
- Highly proficient in SQL -Data architecting experience a plus.
- Experience with Java or a programming language required
- Working experience with Unix/Linux
- Tableau and R is a plus
- Data Mining/Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence experience a plus
- Successful completion of Auto Club pre-employment assessments, background and drug screenings
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Automobile Club of Southern California will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.