Associate Director of Planning Insights at MediaCom
Associate Director of Planning Insights
The Associate Director of Planning Insights is responsible for sourcing, developing and often presenting actionable planning insights by leveraging a wide array of proprietary, syndicated and custom data sources. Key clients include: Sony PlayStation, Adidas, Ring and others.
This means contributing in three key ways:
- Deriving rich insights from multiple sources (qualitative, quantitative, first party) that informs strategy development
- Creating actionable audience definitions and prioritization for each initiative that drive tactical execution across all audience-based media (e.g. Programmatic, Connected TV, Digital)
- Spearheading insights gathering for New Business initiatives
What you're known for: data miner, insights guru, persuasive storyteller, innately curious, inspirational coach
The Associate Director of Planning Insights will be responsible for elevating our agency planning insights and best practices and keep us current and developing marketplace trends and their implications for clients. The ideal candidate will be fluent in MediaCom's robust set of resources, across syndicated (e.g. Nielsen, MRI, PointLogic), custom (quantitative and qualitative), and proprietary resources. The person we seek will have an arsenal of techniques for maximizing findings from these resources and work with our planning and research agency leads to master others while creating 'clones' around the agency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Strategy Director and Head of Insights, manage the prioritization and execution of research and insights projects MediaCom LA clients and initiatives, including new business
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all planning and strategy teams
- Be a compelling storyteller, able to distill complex datasets into easily digestible and visually appealing stories
- Not just interpret data, but tell the story of what that means for the client and what they should do about it
- Be able to build compelling visual story representations
- Be available to sit in on high-level meetings as needed
- Coach others on best practices to elevate the agency planning product
- Be an internal media consultant, able to provide guidance or best practice approaches to evaluating and optimizing brand/consumer connection strategies and plans
- Track and assess consumer, media and marketing trends, and be able to speak about implications for MediaCom clients
- Write agency POVs on marketing and consumer topics
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with industry-standard syndicated media audience and effectiveness tools and reports including ComScore, GfKMRI, Kantar Media Intelligence Stradegy, Nielsen (audio, video, digital), PointLogic Commspoint, Scarborough, Simmons, and others, required
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, multi-tasking environment in which attention to detail is expected
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Must be as passionate about generating and leveraging media insights as building and using consumer insights
- Must be resourceful and energetic, and able to build strong interpersonal relationships
- Custom research experience strongly preferred: proposal, design, execution, analysis, reporting
- Familiarity with ad and brand health tracking strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree required with focus in business, communications, marketing or advertising preferred
- 7-10 years related experience at an ad agency, media agency, research supplier, business science preferred.
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world's leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that's the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We're part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It's our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we'll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That's why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom.
Take A Virtual Office Tour: http://bit.ly/picture-yourself-at-MediaCom-NYC
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.