Video & Photoshoot Coordinator
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Interscope Records is currently looking for a Video shoot +Photoshoot/Artwork Coordinator who has superior attention to detail, great organizational skills, the ability to meet tight deadlines, and juggle multiple critical requests. Must be very efficient and highly attuned to the smallest of details, as well as being able to multi-task and work on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment is crucial. A "can-do" attitude is essential.
- Coordinator helps Commissioner during treatment soliciting process but sharing music to a long-list of directors securely and help keep track of treatment submissions
- Ensures Production Company is set-up as a vendor, drafts contracts for Production Companies until fully executed, and obtains contract numbers and ISRC numbers for all video content, compile necessarily info for Sr. Director to input R2
- Handles all payments in Uniport for production companies + any other vendors (e.g. graphics designers, stylists, make-up & hair artists, management companies, etc.)
- Creates VCAS - ensures outside sponsorship contributions are in place, declares Insurance, plus liaise on specialty insurance questions and needs until appropriate coverage is reached
- Ensures Production Company has Workers Comp, Producer has distributed Non-Disclosure Agreements, where applicable.
- Coordinator ensures details are sent to production to create the call sheet, as well as distribute the final call sheet internally in the building, to management and any applicable 3rd parties
- Ensures talent releases, disclaimers are all in place for a shoot, BTS crew, and that management has approved everyone on set
- Books all artist related travel - flight/hotel/cars and do ETAs, and any travel needs for artist management/glam/security team
- Coordinator ensures building knows B-roll camera/BTS photographer will be on set and collects all drops/video requests from the label
- Manages all product placement getting to set is sorted, checks artist greenrooms are set-up and riders fulfilled for shoot day; is on set to assist artist with any shoot day requests
- Post-produces any video drops/BTS clips with editor and circulates internally and get approval from management
- Gets all BTS photos/watermarks them/distributes/organizes selects/oversees retouching and archives
- Completes SAG-AFTRA Schedule A for review
- Oversees ingestion of all video (normally happens late night), including thumbnail selection and closed-captioning (this includes lyric videos, official videos, live sessions, etc.)
- Coordinator must work with post-houses/editors on submission links (providing instructions), uploading and troubleshooting any QC issues
- Coordinator ensures lyrics are available (sometimes includes transcribing themselves) to ensure we can close-caption and oversees Broadcast/International requested editorial changes to music videos
- Receives elements back from production companies and ensures elements are properly archived
- Works closely with finance to close-out production jobs and wrap up any overages (ensures they are keeping a running budget), accountable for managing quarterly spend and keeping careful track of POs, reservations and requisitions
- Responsible for knowing specific artist recoup ability rules, archiving contracts, call sheets, photos in the creative server properly
- Duties and responsibilities subject to change and may include additional responsibilities based on business needs.
- Most have a love of pop-culture, film, music video, photography
- Must know Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Strong with numbers, excel and budgets
- Has strong follow-up/follow-through
- Must have knowledge of UMG Production Rate Card, and compare against production budget to flag discrepancies (must
- be comfortable with numbers)
- Must be resourceful to produce smaller-level shoots (i.e. knowing and booking crew, studios, glam, negotiating rates and reviewing deal memos)
- Must be available 24/7, every day of the week based on the nature of how production works
- Must be likeable and competent enough to engage with managers, artists and all departments, coordinators aren't "hidden", they are more gatekeepers
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, safeguard confidential information, and work overtime as required
- Ability to assist with developing new processes that will create efficiencies across the label
- Knowledge of UMG systems a plus
- 1-2 years Music Industry experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in related field
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.