Lead VFX Artist
GreenPark is looking for a Lead VFX Artist will work across a range of real-time FX for our Unity based mobile game, including environmental and gameplay visuals and UI FX.
Primary Responsibilities & Job Duties:
- The VFX Art Lead will work closely with the FX lead, designers, art directors, and engineers to ensure the game's FX matches the visual style and can perform under the performance budgets of mobile devices.
- Conceptualize, design, and create visual effects in Unity for our mobile game.
- Work collaboratively with the Game Designers to understand the VFX requirements that support communication of gameplay mechanics information back to the player through visual elements.
- 6+ years of games production experience.
- Extensive experience with real-time visual effects editors as well as particle systems.
- Ability to create high quality, optimized VFX for mobile titles with a keen eye for timing, animation, and weight.
- Working knowledge of Maya and/or other 3D packages.
- Working knowledge of Unity.
- Shipped 2 or more AAA, VR or mobile games.
- Advanced knowledge of Unity.
- Hand drawn, frame by frame skills.
- Experience as a modeler, texture artist, or animator
Note: Please do not forget to also submit your portfolio.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity: With a small, core team of talented people, iterating and scaling fast, you’ll be hands-on and learning right away.
- Location: We have two amazing locations - LA (Remote due to COVID-19) and SF (Downtown Burlingame/Remote due to COVID-19).
- Culture: We strive to be welcoming and inclusive. As an early team member, you’ll be active in recruiting decisions ensuring we build a culture you want to be part of.
- Salary: A competitive salary with stock options.
- Benefits: Option to join a Health, Vision and Dental benefits plan with growing benefits as the company is growing.
- Time-Off: Flexible PTO
- Away Games: With a team split between Los Angeles and Burlingame, there’s occasional travel.
Please note: We do NOT offer H1B sponsorship or transfers at this time.
We’re building the future of Fan Engagement experiences for live sports. It’s a frenetic, all-in, raise-the-stakes and show-your-passion mobile game experience where the best fans win. Our fast-growing all-star team loves both sports and eSports and we’re not afraid to show it. Hey, that’s game, set and match! We offer exciting times ahead, lots of spectacular twists and turns, hard work and the sweet success of achieving something most people wouldn’t think possible - if they could imagine it at all. Ask questions, think thoughts and if it seems like a match, let’s chat.
Job Applicant Notice at Collection
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at GreenPark Sports, Inc. When creating a profile and submitting your application, we will collect the following categories of personal information: direct identifiers, such as your name and contact information; professional information, such as your previous employment, education background, and work authorizations (e.g., work visas); and other information you include in your resume, cover letter and other job application materials, such as your preferences, skills, abilities, and references. We also may collect your social media information if you connect your social media account when creating a profile.
We use each category of the information you provide to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) that you apply to and other job openings at GreenPark Sports, Inc. that we think may interest you. We also use each category of information for other business purposes, including to comply with federal and state laws requiring us to maintain certain records, to manage our workforce, to detect security incidents, and to protect against fraudulent or other illegal activity.