Technical Writer (Contract) at Whip Media Group
Whip Media Group’s products, including Mediamorph, TV Time and TheTVDB, offer a data-driven integrated cloud solution that empowers the world’s leading entertainment organizations to efficiently acquire, distribute and monetize their content. Together, our companies track billions of consumer actions and financial transactions that accelerate innovation for buyers and sellers of content. Whip Media Group has offices in Los Angeles, New York City and London.
The Whip Media Group is growing and is looking for a contract Technical Writer to join the Product team and support some key initiatives that will take around 6 months to complete. The scope of work for this project will include the opportunity to define and implement the processes and procedures we will use to create and manage our technical documentation as well the delivery of key documentation deliverables.
- Design, develop and own the overall process for creating and maintaining technical documents
- Collaborate with the Engineering, Product Management, Sales, and Marketing organizations to design and develop product manuals, guides, release notes, etc.
- Create, produce and revise high-quality UI, integration, and API documentation associated with multiple Enterprise Software products
- Participate in the planning of documentation projects with multiple organization, including engineering, product management, sales and marketing
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documentation written by others
- At least 5 years in a technical writing or lead writing role
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Experience using and documenting SaaS products, targeting multiple audiences, output formats, and use cases
- Experience designing and delivering clear, accurate documentation targeted at both business and technical users
- Highly organized and a self-starter, able to prioritize tasks and work independently in a fast-paced, distributed environment
- Experience with Confluence as a document management solution
- Experience building good working relationships across teams of both technical and non-technical members
- Familiarity with the Digital Video industry is a plus