Staff Editor at StackCommerce
Who We Are:
StackCommerce is on a mission to enable people to organically discover products and brands they love on the publications and media they engage with every day. Our native commerce solutions build new, incremental revenue streams for publishers, and empower our brand partners to reach relevant audiences through content. With more than 750 publisher partners, the company’s media network reaches over 1 billion monthly visitors and has over 6 million registered users. StackCommerce is headquartered in Venice, CA, and was recognized as one of LA Business Journal's 2017 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles. The company is backed by top investors including Draper Associates, 500 Startups, Amplify, and Wavemaker Partners.
StackCommerce is hiring an enthusiastic and forward-thinking Staff Editor to help us take our Brand Studio to new heights. This person should have an operational mind, but also a passion and talent for writing and editing viral content. Stack’s Brand Studio produces 250+ articles every week, and the Staff Editor will be responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations, as well as performing hands-on editing duties for some of the top publishers on the web. This is a unique opportunity to test, innovate, write, and edit impactful content that is viewed by massive audiences. The Staff Editor will also be responsible for managing and growing our 25+ freelance writer community and must be incredibly nimble as we scale our operations. This is a highly collaborative position that will be expected to retain remote talent via innovative initiatives and programs, report on high-level analytics weekly, and forecast staff needs/budget for the upcoming editorial calendar. They will not be expected to maintain the status quo, but rather to consistently think out-of-the-box to improve our content operations and quality. This position requires creativity, attention to detail, reliability, and the ability to match a variety of styles/voices.
- Edit a high volume of commerce content articles for tier-1 accounts
- Manage day-to-day Brand Studio operations, including assigning articles to freelancers, troubleshooting issues in our CMS, answering questions, and ensuring timely delivery to publishers
- Continuously grow our freelance community by recruiting talented writers
- Ideate and source products to write articles about third-party products
- Manage existing writer retention programs and create new initiatives to engage and retain writers
- Maintain a high-standard of quality across the network through regular feedback loops and check-ins, and continuously find new ways to raise the bar on article quality
- Test new content types and lengths to build our expertise and style guide by vertical
- Manage a Brand Studio-wide editorial calendar highlighting key events and retail holidays
- Be a limitless resource for listicle, product review, and article ideas for our merchandising team
- Act as an SEO expert and roll out new SEO initiatives across our network
- Manage Brand Studio budget and create/troubleshoot monthly invoice with AP team
- Report on high-level analytics on a weekly basis
- Forecast quarterly volume expectations to staff and budget accordingly
- Write articles in the voice and tone of publishers from all different verticals
- 3-5 years of journalistic/article writing experience. Commerce/affiliate content experience is a plus.
- You understand the importance of minor details and turn out grammatically flawless work.
- You’re a skilled writer that can embody the voice of any given publisher.
- You are operationally minded, and can easily navigate project management software.
- You are flexible, decisive, and never miss a deadline.
- You have a portfolio with content examples to share.
Benefits + Perks:
As a company, we have a lot to offer for the right candidate:
- Salary, Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Dream Setup: MacBook + 27” thunderbolt display with any bells and whistles you need.
- Super Flex Time: Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done.
- Allowances: Stack Coupons, eLearning allowances, monthly eBooks, and Parking Dollars.
- Free Food/Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal.
- Happy Hour: We host a StackCommerce happy hour every Friday!
- Location: Our office is on the beach in Venice…take a jog to clear your mind!
- Quarterly Company “Hack Days”, monthly birthday celebrations, and team culture events (Stack Olympics, yoga on the beach, Dodger games, karaoke nights + more)
Due to COVID-19 all roles will start remotely until our company transitions back into the office.