Sr Technical Trainer at InvestCloud, Inc.
Are you excited by the opportunity to revolutionize an industry?
InvestCloud is driving a high-speed design and technology revolution that is transforming the way the financial industry uses, processes and interacts with data.
Today, any investment manager can have access to a first-class integrated investment platform through the cloud, with InvestCloud. We are the first true cloud platform for the securities market. Since the launch in January 2012, we have over 100,000 users in excess of 1 trillion assets, accessing information securely from any location with any device.
We are looking for bright and talented individuals as we advance our cutting edge proprietary technology.
To help meet the demand of InvestCloud’s global hyper growth, we are looking for exceptionally talented, bright and driven technologists to join our Innovation Training Team. If you have strong programming experience via application/web development languages and can communicate highly technical concepts to audiences with varying technical aptitude, we’d love to hear from you.
This is a great opportunity to work as a Technical Trainer on a brand-new global team. The best candidate is an experienced technical trainer, who has deep knowledge of cloud architecture, data analysis and data integration technologies. This team will drive significant impact with our employees, partners and clients and have high visibility across the organization.
Your focus will be to build and deliver technical training programs to developers, administrators, architects and partners to drive adoption across our technical stack. This role will allow you to combine your passion for teaching and technology to drive learning and best practices with our advanced cutting edge proprietary developer tools.
What You Get To Do In This Role:
- Develop and deliver training curricula for data integration and web architecture developers on concepts such as:
- Data Platform APIs with various financial systems
- REST Services
- Writing ETLs using Groovy programming language
- Experience delivering technical content (across multiple products and stacks) at a variety of levels to different audience levels via classroom, virtual classroom, and recorded format.
- Working with R&D and global product and technical teams to ensure a single standard for the online and classroom versions of core concepts are aligned and kept up-to-date with current and new training coursework.
- Running and assessing certification events and exams for trainees, as well as contributing to exam definition, creation and management.
- Mentor internal and external authorized instructors as part of a company-wide train-the-trainer program.
- Loving what you do, taking it seriously, and most importantly getting stuff done.
Skills & Requirements:
- A BS/BA in Computer Science or a related field, and a strong interest in training and development for web developers
- 2+ years of experience as a Technical Trainer or Facilitator
- Technical Expertise with Data Architecture, Analysis and Design
- Strong or expert knowledge of:
- Java and/or Groovy
- SQL database architectures
- Understanding of:
- Object-oriented programming languages such as; Java, C#, Python
- GIT Source Control
- Loves to learn, loves to share knowledge and loves mentoring
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Well organized, detailed oriented with a critical eye on grammar and punctuation
- Self-motivated and comfortable bringing new thoughts and ideas to the table
- Availability for domestic and international travel
A Plus if You Have:
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems
- Past Experience with Technical Writing
- MS Office; especially MS Powerpoint
- NoSQL Experience
- Past Experience in a Technical Consultant role