System1 is an omnichannel customer acquisition platform with offices throughout the US, Canada and Europe. We build desktop and mobile apps, search engines, and online publications that empower consumers with information while respecting their privacy. Behind everything is our cutting-edge Responsive Acquisition Marketing Platform, which leverages proprietary data science research to inform product development with consumers in mind.
Our Publishing Division operates a suite of informative brands offering consumers the most relevant content in a variety of verticals. Our teams include media buyers, editorial specialists, and engineering & product experts who continuously improve the consumer experience with data-driven strategies. Brands include:
HowStuffWorks &HowStuffWorks Reviews
We have announced a deal to go public later this year. See the announcement here. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team before we begin our next phase of growth as a public company.
Media Buying Director
As Director, you will oversee our team of Online Marketing Managers and Media Buyers, manage omni-channel strategy development and budget management, and scale advertising efforts across our publishing properties. You will be strategic in advising leadership on growth opportunities for both the business and your team, and a proactive communicator when challenges arise. As a leader, you will ensure resources are applied effectively, and manage hiring and development of the team.
The Role You Will Have
- Direct the team’s media buying efforts to produce optimal performance, and evaluate skill gaps to inform hiring decisions and growth projections
- Direct paid acquisition strategy, partnering with technical and non-technical department heads to effectively leverage company resources
- Provide regular feedback to direct reports, partner with managers to identify strengths and opportunities for development, and manage the hiring process for open headcount
- Report to leadership on business performance, provide data-driven solutions to resolve blockers or changing market conditions, and keep a pulse on industry and consumer trends
What You Will Bring
- Progressive experience in omni-channel user acquisition, including recent leadership responsibilities
- Experience growing a team in a fast-paced environment - interviewing/hiring, headcount planning, performance management, etc.
- Familiarity or expertise with major ad networks in paid social, native, display, and programmatic channels, and how best to leverage them
- Robust interpersonal communication developed through practice
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field
What We Have to Offer
- Competitive PTO + 11 holidays
- Untracked sick time
- Personal & dependent health benefits 401k w/matching
- Management & leadership training
- Paid professional development
- COVID-19 Employee Support Fund
- Remote work during COVID-19