Sr. Associate, Customs and Trade
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
What You'll Do
- Reporting to the Global Inbound Logistics Manager, the Customs and Trade Sr. Associate will develop, roll-out, and maintain global compliance playbooks specific to each region of operation (USA, EU, Israel, LATAM, APAC).
- Work closely with legal, compliance, and operations teams to build out global compliance framework and structure.
- Proficiently manage projects with a high degree of attention to detail - compliance has no room for error, and you can demonstrate that.
- Keep teams working efficiently as shipments move across the globe - ensure data and input is accurate and thorough.
- Maintain and update our global compliance database ensuring the proper HTS codes and classifications are being used across the org.
- Work closely with freight forwarders and customs brokers to ensure proper classification procedures are followed.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of experience in customs compliance or related field
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) on all things customs and trade compliance related.
- Customs broker licenseAbility to work both independently with minimal guidance and cross functionally with various teams
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast paced environment Strong communication, organization and stakeholder management skillsA ‘roll up your sleeves’ mentalityBachelor's degree
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description