Social Media Producer
Greater LA Area
Ranker is looking for a Social Media Producer with a knack for developing great sharable content and a strong passion for Geek, Pop Culture, Horror, History, and TV/Movies. This is an exciting opportunity to work across a number of Ranker verticals. You will be primarily responsible for producing and editing content for our Facebook and Instagram channels, as well as contributing to our other social pages and verticals. You will be quickly turning around clever, sharable videos that you edit, help shoot, and upload to our social channels. You will also help pitch ideas.
Who you are:
You are a digital video native who has experience creating, producing and editing fun, engaging and highly shareable video for social media audiences. You are proficient in the pacing and visual styles prevalent in Facebook formats, YouTube explainer videos and beyond. You have a strong creative eye and a desire to develop new styles of visual storytelling.
Beyond being a great creator, you are highly organized and comfortable working in a fast-paced small team environment. You are willing to learn new things, contribute wherever you can, wear a plethora of different hats, and be scrappy and most importantly stay curious. You are someone who will work quickly and efficiently, never missing a deadline and produce digital videos that engage our audiences.
What you’ll be doing:
- A comprehensive understanding of Facebook content creation and what kind of content works there
- Must have strong editorial judgment and knack for finding “what’s hot” in our different verticals
- Digest data/audience feedback and pivot creative and story to lean toward the analysis
- Be the go-to person for troubleshooting workflows, render or export problems and have the ability to calmly guide people to the right solution
- Tell engaging stories using different creative elements (style, lighting, music, etc.)
- Partner with other Ranker teams to create new sharable content for Facebook, Instagram and YouTube as well as other emerging platforms.
- Contribute to all aspects of production, from script to design to delivery
- Know how to produce traditional video in addition to Social formats
- 3-5 years of hands-on relevant writing/editing/producing experience
- 2-5+ years of experience working with cross-functional teams and creating videos consistently across platforms.
- Expert in and Media Encoder
- Expert in After Effects CC, Adobe Premiere CC, and Photoshop
- Must have experience producing content for short-form social platforms and understand how to produce, and optimize content (Facebook Distribution knowledge is a HUGE plus)
- Must be comfortable on set, in the field, and tactful around on camera guests
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Understands or can quickly grasp the digital video production process and the Ranker brand
- A genuine interest in and aptitude for pop culture and the type of shows our audience watches
- Can work positively and collaboratively with writers and editors of our sites
- Can handle a high volume of work
- Grace under pressure, great people skills, high integrity
Ranker is the definitive site for voteable content on just about everything… from The Best TV Shows to Binge Watch to The Social Issues You Care About Most. With half of our 50M UV’s coming from search and half from social, we have a deeply engaged audience, voting 21x and spending 5.5 minutes per visit. That’s more than E!, Vox and R29 combined.
Ranker sits at the intersection of passion and curiosity with rankings on nearly any topic from film to food. By voting on different list items, fans influence rankings on topics like “The Best TV Shows to Binge Watch” or “The Best Quarterback of All Time.” We also provide in-depth reporting on history, crime, and mysteries, broken up into easily digestible chunks that tell a cohesive story. Ranker is often a source for journalists, whether it is quoting a #1 ranking or reporting on a true crime story.
Read Full Job Description