Senior Video Producer
Greater LA Area
Ranker is looking for a Senior Video Producer to oversee new and existing online video production projects. Strong candidates will have the ability to incubate ideas and collaborate with other creatives then take it from pre-production through final delivery within a range of budget levels. Candidates must be able to clearly articulate and pitch video concepts; analyze competitors and performance data; find and direct talent; lead shoots; collaborate with editors, clients, and internal stakeholders; see a project through post-production, and stay on budget and schedule.
We are expanding production and distribution of content in multiple new and existing formats and looking for a strong, execution-focused leader to help us holistically grow this ecosystem which includes distribution on Facebook, Snap, YouTube, OTT, Ranker branded content channels, etc. This individual will be involved in the creative and production of great sharable content in multiple formats including ones built around Ranker’s votable lists as well as verticals, which include Geek, Pop Culture, Horror, History, Fandom, Music, Gaming, and TV/Movies. In this unique role, you will work collaboratively on both the production and distribution of content in multiple formats and also work with new and existing partners to launch and manage syndication, branded content and social initiatives.
Working with a growing team of in-house producers and freelancers, you will help oversee the production of existing video series content; work on developing new pilots and concepts with our team; help analyze performance results to impact planning, and work with our Marketing and Social teams to drive audience development strategies.
What You’ll Do
- Incubate and collaborate on the development of new video concepts as well as the refinement of existing projects. Help convey Ranker’s unique market position and brand in projects.
- Manage projects from concept through production to final delivery and analysis.
- Track projects against production calendars and help ensure assets are approved in a timely and cost-effective manner and distributed on applicable platforms. You will oversee budgets and cost/ROI analysis.
- Evaluate current production efforts and propose new, different, and better ways of improving operational efficiency, creativity or performance.
- Independently and proactively analyze content performance data and work with all teams to improve efficiency, cost, and revenue generation. Participate collaboratively in existing slate and new concept development and become the primary source of data-driven feedback.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in video production, and/or digital distribution. Experience with text and/or audio content is a plus as is relevant experience producing short-form video content for online audiences especially in areas relating to Ranker’s key verticals and pop-culture orientation.
- Strong production, project management and teambuilding skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects at one time. Ability to work effectively across production, distribution and audience development.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. You should enjoy working with outside partners and freelance talent.
- Strong digital asset management background and familiarity with syndication methods.
- Bachelor's Degree, TV/Film Production, Communications, or similar preferred
Ranker is the definitive site for votable content on just about everything… from The Best TV Shows to Binge Watch to The Social Issues You Care About Most. With half of our 50M UV’s coming from search and half from social, we have a deeply engaged audience, voting 21x and spending 5.5 minutes per visit. That’s more than E!, Vox and R29 combined.
Ranker sits at the intersection of passion and curiosity with rankings on nearly any topic from film to food. By voting on different list items, fans influence rankings on topics like “The Best TV Shows to Binge-Watch” or “The Best Quarterback of All Time.” We also provide in-depth reporting on history, crime, and mysteries, broken up into easily digestible chunks that tell a cohesive story. Ranker is often a source for journalists, whether it is quoting a #1 ranking or reporting on a true crime story.
Read Full Job Description