Senior Technical Artist: Tools & Pipeline
Senior Technical Artist, Tools & Pipeline - Research and Development
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Delivering visually stunning experiences for a global audience while also building new games gives artists exciting and complex problems to solve. Here, artists are working not only with one another, but also side-by-side with game designers, narrative writers, and audio designers and engineers to ensure that each piece of content from Riot reaches the level of quality players deserve. From animations to illustrations, cinematics to comics, characters to environments, we work as a team to put players first.
As a Senior Technical Artist, Tools/Pipeline, you’ll help breathe life into the League of Legends universe and other Riot Games content. You’ll employ your expert-level knowledge of 3D tools and problem-solving skills to build tools, maintain pipelines and provide technical support for artists on their most critical missions. You will critique work, mentor fellow Rioters and foster the long-term growth of an ambitious group of artists.
Our Research and Development teams are working towards putting the ‘s’ in Riot Games. As a Technical Artist, you will ensure that our creators have the right tools and pipelines to craft amazing content. You will use both your creative and technical skills to help lead the evolution of our games throughout Alpha/Beta, into production. Our goal is to develop worldwide games that are generational and give our players rare experiences.
- Jumping into any art pipeline, whether it’s environment, character or another artistic discipline. You will help lead, build, maintain and support the team’s 3D tools.
- Coordinating, executing and helping to drive the Art teams' most demanding and critical projects forward.
- Liaising between Art teams and various Rioters to provide support for interdisciplinary efforts.
- Working with key partners and team leads when assessing and completing tasks and help promote strategic visions for projects.
- Inspiring and encouraging the artists you support by providing clear and candid feedback.
- Tinkering with, maintaining and providing support for every art tool at your disposal.
- Mentoring other tech artists, critiquing their work and helping to raise the quality of art production across the board
- Building pipelines for Artists and implementing work in-engine.
- Working and managing rendering and shader pipelines.
- Experience owning various libraries.
- Strong organization skills
- C#, MEL, Python, or C++
Don’t forget to include a resume, cover letter, and a link to your portfolio. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).h Rioters