Senior Localization Producer (Los Angeles)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
Team and Role Overview
As a Senior Localization Producer, you believe that authentic and immersive localization enriches a global audience's gaming experience. You’ll work closely with Central Development and Localization leadership in regional offices to build a high-functioning Localization discipline and to meet the objectives of several, simultaneous projects. You've dedicated a lot of time thinking about the balance of speedy content creation and quality and can help product teams successfully balance the two. You should have an internal game development experience with a special focus on localization. At the end of the day, your expertise in phenomenal localization will bring clarity to gameplay and make more than 100 million players around the world feel like they are truly cared for and enjoy a world-class gaming experience.
- Ensure that our DEV practices incorporate internationalization and global mindset as part of the core philosophy
- Clearly communicate the goals of your projects to senior leaders to achieve constant partner alignment across the organization
- Champion the tenets of holistic ownership of products and processes from end-to-end while effectively engaging all partners concerning localization Champion the vision of the localized experience, building positive relationships with developers and regional teams
- Develop the production muscle of the localization discipline by providing mentorship to junior producers and working with senior production members to identify needs
- Lead localization efforts in a multidisciplinary team through all stages of development lifecycle and through live production
- Connect centrally located Rioters with Rioters in other regions, developing robust lines of communication and encouraging holistic teamwork
- Identify/assess risks and strategies to mitigate and escalate as necessary to all relevant partners
- 7+ years of dedicated Production experience in a AAA gaming studio or a globally-shipped entertainment or technical product
- Experience working with multiple technical and creative disciplines
- Excellent analytical skills: understanding, simplifying, and solving any problems
- Experience shipping multiple games or creative products with large number of active users to global regions (entertainment, multimedia, software, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of localization content management systems, version control systems, and media localization tools
- Experience mentoring and leading others
- Experience applying systematic improvement and demonstrating best practice in production craft
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across various platforms
- Strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on building productive and positive relationships with external partners, managers and peers
- Experienced in working with multicultural, globally distributed teams on projects and processes
- Experience working with large sets of data through analysis and application on a large scale
- Experienced in crafting presentations for senior stakeholders and comfortable with presenting to large audiences
- Good knowledge of office type programs, software and tools related to planning, scheduling, and QA
- Well versed in Agile/Sprint techniques and methodologies
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.