Senior Game Animator at Wonderstorm
Wonderstorm is a double threat media studio that creates timeless animated TV series and engaging video games that anchor our entertainment franchises.
Our first franchise, the Emmy Award-winning The Dragon Prince, began as an original animated series on Netflix in 2018. All three seasons have been a Top 10 digital original and are rated 100% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. The series was recently picked up for four additional seasons. A world-class video game for The Dragon Prince is under development by the same creative team.
We're looking for a creative and experienced 3D animator who is excited to bring our characters to life as they adventure and fight their way through The Dragon Prince video game!
- Collaborate with art, design, and engineering teams to define the Animation pipeline and workflows
- Partner closely with the Art Director to establish the artistic style and ensure a unified look of animations across the game (player characters, enemies, bosses, etc.)
- R&D new techniques and best practices to implement into production pipeline
- Develop excellent visual frames and strong poses that represent the characters and serve the game's design goals
- Hand key animations for bipedal characters (humans and elves!) as well as unusual fantasy creatures
- Tightly integrate with combat designers, VFX artists, and audio designers to synchronize character abilities
- Actively contribute to a positive work environment and culture
- Shipped 1 or more AAA game(s) as a leader on the animation team
- Exceptional animation portfolio demonstrating expert keyframing skills for combat games
- Possess a critical eye for timing, animation, and motion for gameplay
- Adept at gathering research and reference to communicate your ideas and feedback
- Proficient at organizing tasks and working with internal art teams and outsourcers
- Solid leadership and communication skills, with a proven ability to collaborate across disciplines
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation
- Bonus: experience with Unreal Engine 4 and/or Advanced Skeleton
Wonderstorm Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees, and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.