Senior Environment Concept Artist
We’re building the future of Fan Engagement experiences for live sports. It’s a frenetic, all-in, raise-the-stakes and show-your-passion mobile game experience where the best fans win. Our fast-growing all-star team loves both sports and eSports and we’re not afraid to show it. We've closed a healthy Seed Round with investors that represent all major leagues that believe as passionately as we do in our future of sports and fan engagement.
GreenPark is looking for a Senior Environment Concept Artist to contribute to world building all the way down to production design. As a Sr. Environment Concept Artist, you are a master of art fundamentals, strength in stylized visual communication (viscom), draughtsmanship, and can sell mood and make GreenPark lore come to life. You will collaborate cross-discipline between internal developers and external partners.You are familiar with the constraints of mobile devices and are fully capable in finding clever solutions to bring concepts to reality.
- Work closely with Design, Art Director, and Environment Artists, to establish the ‘look’ for our environments.
- Participate and influence early conversations around level ideations and theme.
- Produce establishing shots that captures the level’s intent and style direction.
- Create mockups with UI overlays as proof of concept demonstration of visual hierarchy.
- Break down the level into asset call-outs and distribute workload among concept artists (internal or external).
- Collaborate in key art illustrations in a supportive capacity.
- Produce matte paintings for skybox or backdrops.
- Mentor concept artists and draw-over assets to level-up production quality bar.
- Proactively solve creative and technical problems via rapid draw-overs and proposals.
- Provide internal and external feedback when needed, along with necessary documentation and materials.
- 5+ years working as an environment concept artist in video games or CG animation.
- Shipped +2 AAA titles as concept artist.
- Experienced working with Designers and Environment Artists from ideation, mood pieces, production design, to paint/draw-over support.
- Ability to produce player facing content in a supportive capacity and high fidelity illustrations (key art).
- Veteran in level production workflow, processes, and pipelines.
- Great design sensibilities - composition, shape language, lighting, values, and color.
- Experience producing style guides, documentation, and mentoring artists as well as guiding vendors.
- Mastery in Adobe Photoshop and environmental design and painting.
- Experience in 3D mock-ups.
- Experienced in overcoming platform performance challenges with artistic and technical solutions via draw-overs.
- Ability to work well within a dynamic, cross-discipline, and iterative team environment.
- Self-motivated, collaborative, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback.
- Awareness of latest trends in game environment design techniques and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Note: Please submit your art portfolio with your application for review.
What we offer:
- Opportunity: With a small, core team of talented people, iterating and scaling fast, you’ll be hands-on and learning right away.
- Location: We have two amazing offices - LA (Calabasas) and SF (Downtown Burlingame). (Remote for now due to COVID-19)
- Culture: We strive to be welcoming and inclusive. As an early team member, you’ll be active in recruiting decisions ensuring we build a culture you want to be part of.
- Salary: A competitive salary with stock options.
- Benefits: Option to join a Health, Vision and Dental benefits plan with growing benefits as the company is growing.
- Time-Off: Flexible PTO
Please note: We do NOT offer H1B sponsorship or transfers at this time.
We find ourselves in unusual times and as such, both of our offices are on a Work From Home schedule due to COVID-19. But don't worry, we have your back when it comes to provisioning all the necessary hardware you will need to perform at the top of your game all from the comfort of your home.
Job Applicant Notice at Collection
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at GreenPark Sports, Inc. When creating a profile and submitting your application, we will collect the following categories of personal information: direct identifiers, such as your name and contact information; professional information, such as your previous employment, education background, and work authorizations (e.g., work visas); and other information you include in your resume, cover letter and other job application materials, such as your preferences, skills, abilities, and references. We also may collect your social media information if you connect your social media account when creating a profile.
We use each category of the information you provide to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) that you apply to and other job openings at GreenPark Sports, Inc. that we think may interest you. We also use each category of information for other business purposes, including to comply with federal and state laws requiring us to maintain certain records, to manage our workforce, to detect security incidents, and to protect against fraudulent or other illegal activity.