Senior Copywriter at GOAT Group
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:52 p.m. (PST) on Thursday, December 26, 2019
GOAT Group’s Brand team lives at the heart of the company’s mission to be the global destination for sneakers. You’ll design industry-leading brand communications and produce beautiful content; conceptualize and execute marketing campaigns both in-house and through creative partnerships, and tell the story of GOAT and Flight Club through brand design in both the digital and physical worlds.
In this role you will:
- Interpret briefs to understand project requirements, write clear and concise copy, edit and proofread to ensure alignment in tone across all channels.
- Research extensively market history, behavioral insights and principles that drive consumer behavior.
- Be responsible for sustaining and elevating the caliber of writing across all of our work.
- Create copy for brand identities, brand campaigns, digital experiences, social media content, activations and more, all while adhering to deadlines.
- Take a hands on role in executing and managing day to day projects across brand team, ensuring quality from concept to completion.
- Creative direction and mentoring as well as serving as a sounding board and inspiration for the entire team.
- Work cross functionally with product and marketing teams to deliver a cohesive message that is premium, polished and best in class.
We are looking for:
- 7+ years of experience, 1+ year experience managing a team.
- An excellent understanding of how to apply our brand tone and messaging to a variety of media channels, as well as a desire to push the boundaries of how our brand is interpreted.
- An individual who understands culture and is constantly seeking what’s new in technology, fashion, and social media.
- A positive attitude and a lack of ego are a must. GOAT supports team collaboration, idea sharing, and mentorship. We work hard to do good work together.
- You are a multidisciplinary writer at heart. Your work will set an extremely high bar and act as an example which all writers want to follow.
- A highly detailed individual with the ability to balance multiple priorities while maintaining clear communication with the rest of the team.
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work independently, and you're willing (and able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility.
- Strong communication skills. You can effectively articulate, evangelize and defend your ideas.
- Knowledge of SEO principles a plus.
GOAT is the global platform for style. Founded in 2015 to bring trust to the sneaker community, the technology platform has since expanded to offer apparel and accessories from the world’s leading contemporary, avant garde and luxury brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company is able to surface styles from the past, present and future, delivering authentic product to over 20M members across 164 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.
Read Full Job Description