Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Senior Copywriter to join our team.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Copywriter to join Honey’s marketing team reporting to the VP of Creative. The ideal candidate will have creative agency or equivalent in-house experience generating work for consumer brands. They will be a conceptual wordsmith that can deliver big ideas, compelling scripts, and when needed pitch in on designs. They will be a strategic thinker with a passion for turning consumer insights into unexpected product and brand campaigns. In return, they will have the rare opportunity to help shape and grow a global brand and make it a part of culture.
What You’ll Do:
As a Senior Copywriter at Honey, you will:
- Bring your mastery of language and storytelling to concept and develop strong creative campaigns for TV, YouTube, OOH, social and digital, as well as thinking up big ideas that transcend traditional marketing and get people inspired and excited to be part of the Honey community.
- Drive and own development of ideas based on consumer insights, and deliver meaningful business results.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define the communications strategy (insights + key messaging).
- Be a hands-on copy expert and crafter, shaping the work for quality and effectiveness, and owning how we speak and communicate with our users.
- Actively seek opportunities to build the brand and business beyond the current brief.
- Must have an online portfolio of work that showcases big ideas and smart creative ads that drive results.
- 6+ years experience working in an agency or in-house agency.
- An exceptional command of language, a concept-driven wordsmith. Bonus for those that know how to use Photoshop.
- A keen understanding of the needs, motivations and aspirations of your audiences, so that you can speak to them in the most effective, compelling, engaging way possible.
- Thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Energy, a sense of humor, and an open & curious mind (yes, these things really do matter)
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.