Senior Content Manager
Greater LA Area
GOAT is looking for an exceptional storyteller and multi-faceted Senior Content Manager who can bring ideas to life and create engaging content for a passionate global community. This role will lead, plan, manage and execute high-quality digital, social and print content across a variety of channels.
Responsibilities will include working with the Director of Content to lead the strategy development, creation and distribution of original GOAT content aimed at global consumer engagement, while also expanding GOAT’s narrative through experiential activations worldwide.
In this role you will:
- Manage and maintain a diverse yet focused content calendar that integrates cultural events throughout the calendar year on a global scale, new product initiatives and offerings as well as key sneaker releases.
- Collaborate closely with the Director of Content and Content Team to develop lifestyle-focused editorial articles with an emphasis on product listings/collections, style curation and influencer outreach where needed.
- Own the ability to research, write and edit – and give a singular concept the necessary development needed (through ideation, planning stages, storyboarding, rounds of revision and so forth) for full content execution.
- Ensure that all top tier content is being integrated across multiple channels including homepage, collections, email, press and other consumer touchpoints.
- Keen eye for uncovering emerging talent across all industries in business, fashion, music, sports, art and design.
- Recruit and manage a team of freelance content producers as well as self-produce content.
- Work with marketing analytics team using SEO tools to monitor, analyze and optimize website activity, traffic trends, SERP rankings and customer acquisition metrics, through monthly and ad-hoc reports.
We are looking for:
- 5+ years relevant experience in journalism and/or content strategy, content management and content creation with a supporting portfolio of digital content Journalistic mindset and passion for uncovering and bringing to life authentic stories that can move and inspire through multimedia storytelling.
- Deep connections to the editorial community with a proven track record in sourcing and managing freelance talent.
- Excellent project management skills, including experience with content management systems and digital campaign integration.
- Tenacity for trying new types of storytelling and taking creative risks.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and insatiable thirst for creativity and storytellingProficiency in Keynote, Sketch, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom), Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
GOAT Group is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. Its brands offer the greatest selection of sneakers available through company-operated retail stores, e-commerce sites and mobile apps under the GOAT and Flight Club brands. Through its innovative technology and service, GOAT Group has changed the landscape of sneaker commerce and has quickly become the world’s most trusted source to discover, buy and sell authentic sneakers.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.
Read Full Job Description