Senior 3D Character Animator at GreenPark Sports
The Senior 3D Character Animator will be responsible for creating exceptional animated assets for mobile games in the LA area. Working within a Unity game development pipeline, the Character Animator will be involved in various motion styles (idles, action, dance, etc) that fulfills the creative vision and desired gaming experiences. The candidate must be a senior level animator. This role is expected to begin as a work-from-home position given the current circumstances.
- Work with art leadership, other animators, and game designers to create high quality real-time assets.
- Be versatile in motion styles, ranging from slow paced idle animations, to full blown high level choreography in dance and sports related movement.
- Understanding how to connect our characters to the user using the video game language, style and narrative.
- Participate in creative meetings and constantly communicate animation ideas.
- Update with shot dailies.
- Problem solver - participate in optimizing art production, pipelines, processes, and propose new tools and solutions.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong foundation in animation using Maya, particularly in unique, energetic character movement and attitude
- Game experience is preferred (particularly in Unity), but a strong cinematic reel demonstrating exemplary character animation is also key.
- Experience in editing/adding effects is a plus (using Adobe Premiere or After Effects), to better illustrate animation ideas and to quickly visualize animated assets
- Understanding video game development, i.e. working within shot length constraints, looping animation, leveling up animation, etc.
- Exceptional understanding of gestures, shape and silhouette as it pertains to awesome video game characters and movement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, specifically in conveying creative ideas
- Professional experience working closely with a structured, small team but is a self-starter when needed.
- Demonstrates high standards of excellence in work.
- Efficient at prioritizing to meet deadlines, and adaptability to adjust to fast turnarounds when needed.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced live operations development environment.
- A deep love of video games, cool characters, and cinematic story-telling.
Note: Please submit an animation reel demonstrating your work with your application.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity: With a small, core team of talented people, iterating and scaling fast, you’ll be hands-on and learning right away.
- Location: We have two amazing locations - LA (Remote due to COVID-19) and SF (Downtown Burlingame/Remote due to COVID-19).
- Culture: We strive to be welcoming and inclusive. As an early team member, you’ll be active in recruiting decisions ensuring we build a culture you want to be part of.
- Salary: A competitive salary with stock options.
- Benefits: Option to join a Health, Vision and Dental benefits plan with growing benefits as the company is growing.
- Time-Off: Flexible PTO
- Away Games: With a team split between Los Angeles and Burlingame, there’s occasional travel.
Please note: We do NOT offer H1B sponsorship or transfers at this time.
We’re building the future of Fan Engagement experiences for live sports. It’s a frenetic, all-in, raise-the-stakes and show-your-passion mobile game experience where the best fans win. Our fast-growing all-star team loves both sports and eSports and we’re not afraid to show it. Hey, that’s game, set and match! We offer exciting times ahead, lots of spectacular twists and turns, hard work and the sweet success of achieving something most people wouldn’t think possible - if they could imagine it at all. Ask questions, think thoughts and if it seems like a match, let’s chat.