Publishing Ops Specialist / Content Creator (Temp to Hire) at Ranker
Ranker is looking for Channel Crew Content Creators to help generate content for our Weird History, Graveyard Shift and/or Total Nerd verticals. This role will involve content curation and creation in the form of:
- Written and visual content
- Social posts
- Sharing content that is hot in the moment for different niche audiences
We’re looking for people who:
- Nerd out! Whether it’s early American history, the MCU, 90s Disney movies, true crime podcasts, etc. -- we want people who are knowledgeable and passionate about pop culture
- Is comfortable with regular collaboration with your channel -- a smart, talented, and funny group of editors, writers, and social media professionals; though we’re working remotely, this is a very interactive and collaborative position. No vacuums here!
- A great sense of humor (and ability to convey it) is a big plus
- A background in digital media, editing, social media, content, or something similar
This is a 3-month temporary position, with the possibility of transitioning to full time. The position's title is "Publishing Operations Coordinator / Specialist" (DOE)
How do I get this role?
Sure, a resume is needed -- but we’re more interested in how you think. Send us examples of any tangible evidence of who you are and why this role is perfect for you. This could be stuff you’ve written or produced, your Twitter feed, your Reddit persona - whatever we can quickly scan to see if it’s worth a deeper conversation. We’re hiring a few people in this capacity and are open to different levels of expertise.
The Ranker Story:
Ranker is a data-driven media company whose unique hook is, “Editors Create, Users Participate.” We collect over 12 million monthly user votes, which has built a treasure trove of psychographic "people who like X also like Y" first party data, while delivering a fun, engaging user experience.
Ranker will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.