Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
Bird is looking for a talented Proposal Director who has proven experience winning business with cities and governments by effectively creating, executing, and guiding the proposal/permitting (RFP) process.
As Bird continues to offer alternative transportation options in more locations globally, there are an increasing number of proposals and permit requests from cities. This role will oversee the entire proposal/permitting process, from development to submission.
This requires working cross functionally with internal stakeholders, leading a team of proposal writers, driving high impact projects through to completion, and thinking on the fly in an ever changing, fast moving environment!
- Oversee the entire RFP process; including speaking with internal subject matter experts, drafting/editing documentation, working with other departments to ensure Bird’s brand/mission is conveyed, and always looking for ways to innovate and improve
- Work closely with our Public Affairs, Government and Legal teams to ensure that permit requirements are effectively attainable
- Identify and understand permit requirements in each unique city, thinking strategically about the best way to execute
- Lead, educate and motivate a small team while also taking ownership; we’re a start up so we need someone who can roll up their sleeves, too
- 7-10 years of RFP/proposal/permitting experience; preferably in the micro mobility space
- Bachelor’s Degree required; additional education preferred
- Effective communicator: Able to translate complex requirements into clear and appealing verbiage that translates the value of our mission
- Strong project manager: Excellent at seeing things through with high attention to detail while working cross functionally with various stakeholders
- Highly adaptable: Things are constantly changing and moving at Bird; it takes someone who is able to adapt and adjust as necessary
- Efficient: Can manage a high volume of RFP requests with the utmost attention to detail; this person should be constantly iterating and perfecting ways to streamline the process
- Passion for Bird’s mission of reducing traffic and carbon emissions while offering fun, alternative transportation options!
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description