Product Copywriter at Honey
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Product Copywriter to join the Product Team in our Los Angeles office.
About The Team:
We work collaboratively with a cross-disciplinary team (Product Managers, Engineers, Analysts, QAs, Designers) to craft conversational and hyper-focused messaging that breaks down a consumer’s wants, needs, and challenges in a way that informs, comforts, and persuades. We work through a lens of UX and marketing to take data, research and consumer insights to cater our messaging through different platforms.
What You'll Do:
As a Product Copywriter at Honey, you will:
- Write in-product messaging, effective emails, website content, blogs, and whatever else comes up
- Take input from different team members and craft it into simple, succinct copy that puts the user first
- Work closely with design, product, engineering, marketing and partnership teams to help deliver best in class digital experiences
- Keep the tone and experiences across our different products aligned and consistent
- Consistently follow industry best practices and apply them to our communications
- Develop and apply an understanding of information architecture, multi-step flows, and the ability to craft copy that guides users through the process
- Share your work early and often to make sure everyone’s aligned on the outcome. You’re not an order taker but someone who is able to listen, distill, and apply what works
- Analyze both qualitative and quantitative data to support your work and continually improve on messaging
- At least 3 years experience as a copywriter in product, advertising (including in-house), or any other related writing discipline
- Able to work semi-autonomously - you can take a project from start to finish, doing your own research and keeping people informed along the way
- Organization is key - you’re able to work on multiple projects without missing deadlines or slowing down the team
- Curiosity - you actively ask questions, follow market trends, and study what other brands are doing in the web and mobile space
- You are persistent, able to apply feedback, and follow through on projects
- Self motivation is key
- Self-starter who is ever curious about creativity, marketing, tech, the world at large, and anything else that will improve your craft
- You’re comfortable in the tech space - in other words, you’re able to handle shifting priorities, quick turnarounds, and you find uncharted areas to be exciting, promising, and full of opportunities
- Clear communication is key - you’re able to clearly share ideas, concepts, and the strategic thinking behind them in a way that everyone easily understands
- Data is your friend - you’re able to take past learnings and apply them to continually improve messaging
- You’re a strong individual contributor but you understand that the best work comes from collaboration and different points of view
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.