Motion Graphics Artist
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Video Editor/Motion Graphics Artist to focus join the Marketing team.
About the role:
- Create performance video content for social media platforms
- Collaborate with the creative and marketing teams to ideate new content
- Focus on creating performance-based content
The ideal candidate has a passion for creating digital content for social media. Is comfortable editing a wide range of video-content, designing and animating motion graphics to enhance content, and able to act as an independent videographer and shooter as needed. They should be proficient in the pacing and visual styles prevalent in social media video today but have an eye and desire to develop new styles of visual communication.
Beyond being a great creator, the ideal candidate must be highly organized and comfortable working in a fast-paced small team environment–willing to learn, contribute, take on different hats, be scrappy and most importantly stay curious. This person must be someone who will work quickly and efficiently - never missing a deadline and producing digital videos that engage our audiences and deliver business results.
- Must have an online reel that includes motion graphics and editorial work
- Advanced knowledge of After Effects and Premiere. Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator
- 2-3 years of experience in editorial and motion graphics design and animation
- Able to participate in creative brainstorms and take ideas from rough thoughts to clear, concise, finished videos
- Has a keen eye for graphic layout, type treatments and timing
- Driven self-starter who can not just take direction, but can also collaborate to bring valuable creative input to a project
- Constantly curious and passionate about motion graphics and design, with a focus to self-teach new video techniques and trends that will keep production outputs innovative
- Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc)
- Strong work ethic – goes the extra mile without being asked and can juggle multiple projects
- Strong consideration for those with experience as a videographer and photographer
- Experience in video advertising and TV promo a plus
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.