Live Producer - Live Services
Live Operations lives by a follow-the-sun model, with Rioters distributed globally providing 24/7 coverage in critical areas, such as the Network Operations Center, Live Production, Release Management, Live Services Data, and working with the Compliance Team. Live Operations Rioters are available for any problem, at any time because running a game as a service means we’ve made an implicit promise that you can play whenever you want to. We believe in rapid responses and clear communications, whether the issue stems from our own systems or not. We know exactly how much it sucks when a plan to play with friends is ruined by an outage, so we’re overzealous about finding, anticipating, and eliminating player pain as fast as possible.
As a Live Producer on Riot's Live Operations Team, you will play a key role in ensuring Riot's games and services are consistently delivered across the globe.
Live Production at Riot is a consultative role where you will demonstrate your influencing skills and service delivery capabilities in an operations environment. You will partner with product managers, delivery managers and other technical leaders across Riot in order to provide a consistent, healthy live service. You are dedicated to finding creative new ways to handle incidents, problems and changes to both protect players from outages but also allow engineers to do what they do best and provide players with awesome new content and features.
- You will work with the Live Production team to iterate on our service operations framework so that we can deliver the best possible operational model to Riot.
- You will build and establish key business relationships with partners and customers.
- You will engage with product teams to review their live service and provide consultation on how they can maintain a continuous improvement mindset.
- You will hold product leadership accountable to players through accurate and insightful reporting and presentation of the live environment.
- You will take charge and be on the frontline guiding our engineering teams as we fight fires and restore services to players
Applicable Experiences & Skill Sets
- 7+ years experience running and delivering both established and new services in a live environment
- Experience implementing or refining ITIL processes and procedures in a SaaS environment
- Experience managing and guiding leaders and team members via influence rather than command and conquer techniques.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively present and share information across a wide array of technical expertise and seniority within the organization
- Resourcefulness in project management and prioritization frameworks for both people and systems.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).