Wonderstorm is a double threat media studio that creates timeless animated TV series and engaging video games that anchor our entertainment franchises.
Our first franchise, the Emmy Award-winning The Dragon Prince, began as an original animated series on Netflix in 2018. All three seasons have been a Top 10 digital original and are rated 100% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. The series was recently picked up for four additional seasons. A world-class video game for The Dragon Prince is under development by the same creative team.
Wonderstorm is a place where creators work with visionary teams to do meaningful work that will last for generations.
What you will do...
- Collaborate with the art, design, and engineering teams to define VFX art pipeline and workflows; R&D new techniques and best practices to implement into production pipeline
- Partner closely with the Art Director to establish artistic style and ensure unified look and consistent quality across game
- Provide mentorship, feedback, and training to others on the team
- Maintain the artistic direction and vision through all phases of the game development. This entails ensuring all environment and character assets are of the highest artistic quality and upholding the integrity of the game’s design and artistic vision of the game as a whole
- Proactively seek feedback from Art Director and Creative Directors
- Actively contribute to the growth of a startup studio. Lead by example, including demonstrating a willingness to give and receive feedback, collaborate with others to share techniques, ideas, and contribute to a positive working environment
- 5+ years in 2D and 3D VFX art production
- Proven track record in at least one shipped title (preferably AAA)
- Superior 2D and 3D art skills
- Possess a critical eye for timing, animation, and motion for games
- Someone with a love for research, reference, and documenting your findings to share with the team
- Ability to work in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints
- Expertise in Maya, Blender, or other technologies utilized in the production of game art
- Experience with Unreal 4 Engine is a big plus
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Creative nature with strong problem solving skills
Wonderstorm Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.