Lead Copywriter at Tinder (Greater LA Area, CA)
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:12 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, March 30, 2022
Tinder started on a college campus in 2012, and broke down the barriers - geographic, historic, cultural - that limit who we meet. We went from 1 swipe to 1 billion swipes a day, in 2 years. No technology grows that fast unless it fills a powerful, unmet human need. Today, Tinder is the world’s most popular app for meeting new people. The app is available in 190 countries, and 40+ languages, it’s been downloaded more than 430 million times and led to 60 billion matches. There’s never been a more exciting time to be at Tinder. We are on a course to revolutionize the way people meet and connect today.
We are looking for a Lead Copywriter to develop, maintain, and evolve Tinder’s global brand voice across multiple channels with a focus on messaging strategy and copy for product. This candidate has a pulse on current culture and provides thought leadership, vision, and strategy to the brand’s varied copy touch points. They build and nurture relationships with cross-functional partners, understand their business objectives and strategy, and align copy solutions with the proper tone and brand voice. They consistently inspire a high level of creativity and clarity from their team, providing direction and mentorship on their work and output.
Our ideal candidate will have experience building and creating the overall writing strategy across a wide body of work. They must be (and enjoy being) a proven leader and excellent communicator that is comfortable working closely with designers, cross-functional partners, and executives. A creative culture champion- dedicated to continuous learning, they will foster a culture of transparency, respect, humility, and flexibility.
Brand and Marketing:
- Evolve Tinder’s voice and develop a clear copy direction across all messaging touch-points.
- Write, guide and execute copy across the following channels: Product, Marketing, CRM, Press, Web, Paid Media and User Acquisition.
- Be a strategic thinker and creative storyteller to bring the brand to life in all mediums to grow and connect with our community.
- Be responsible for quality control on all materials to ensure creative intention: tone, language, value propositions and legal clearances are adhered to and maintained.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, perform under pressure and pay close attention to detail while staying focused on the big picture—keeping the work on brand and on strategy.
- Implement ongoing communications with internal stakeholders to inspire the best work and ensure a strong feedback loop.
- Have a continual pulse on current trends to identify new topics of interest, drive a cultural conversation and ensure Tinder’s voice is pushing boundaries.
- Collaborate with the Product Marketing Director and Creative Director to develop product language, feature education, and nomenclature.
- Manage an influx of content in product features and ensure questions, games, and activities are in line with creative and product values and standards.
- Provide consultation and support to UX writers to help drive desired engagement and keep the brand voice presence in-app.
- Draft App Store/Google Play Store descriptions and new release copy that is optimized for search engines and legally compliant.
- Draft copy for community guidelines, FAQs and email auto-responses to user base.
- Work closely with Performance and UX Research teams to consistently test messaging to optimize for performance.
What you have:
- 6+ years of experience in copywriting for product and marketing: agency and in-house experience in the tech space.
- Excellent short-form and long-form writing skills and the ability to create copy across a wide range of voices. Clear understanding and a relevant point of view on brand tone and style.
- Strong team player who is able to work with different creative disciplines and teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent grammar, editing and proofreading capabilities.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• A robust Learning + Development offering including our MentorMatch program, access to a library of 6,000+ online learning courses through Udemy, and an annual L+D stipend
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.
Read Full Job Description