Junior Editor at Ranker
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:52 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, April 7, 2020
Ranker is looking for a Junior Video Editor to manage Adobe Premiere Pro projects, edits various projects, and coordinate with Production to ensure projects are completed. This person may be called upon to edit shows as needed on busy projects. The ideal candidate should enjoy working with people, be highly organized, and have a strong passion for editing and storytelling.
You will be responsible for assembling and editing videos with support from Ranker’s content team.
- Creates and maintains Premiere Pro projects for Editors
- Assembles string-outs and rough cuts
- Creates cutdowns for on-camera videos
- Sources materials - photo, video, graphics needed for individual videos
- Coordinates the post-production process – managing forms, tracking progress, and acting as a liaison between production and post-production
- Edits shows and cuts for various platforms as needed
- Works with the producers, coordinators, and editors to prepare content for upcoming content releases, ensuring deadlines are met
- Helps manage storage drive
Skills were looking for:
- Experienced with Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects
- A fast editor with strong storytelling capabilities
- Comfortable working collaboratively with various editors and producers
- Passionate about nerd culture, history, and creepy content and familiar with the current pop culture landscape
- An avid consumer of digital/social content with an intimate knowledge of pop culture, trending topics, popular web formats, etc.
- A digital native who uses social media regularly
Personal Attributes we love:
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ambitious, motivated and unafraid of stepping out of comfort zone
- Interest in content creation, various content platforms, and short-form editing
Ranker is a data-driven media company, the #1 online destination for opinion-based, crowdsourced rankings of everything. The company's technology is centered on user engagement, turning its lists into the “best possible rankings” via the wisdom of crowds. A Quantcast Top 50 site, Ranker attracts more than 30 million monthly unique visitors, and outperforms almost every other publisher in time-on-site per visit. As a result, Ranker is a treasure-trove of consumer sentiment data with more than 250 million votes gathered to date on over 100,000 unique items, generating a deep and precise interest graph which the company is launching as a B2B tool in 2016 to augment the existing ad-based business.
Read Full Job Description