Team Rubicon (TR) is seeking an Associate, Instructional Designer, to join our hardworking, fun-loving and forward-thinking Capabilities team. The right person enjoys serving up fresh, innovative training content in a fast-paced, high-stakes environment. You are passionate about service above all else and thrive on helping people to be their best through all forms of learning.
In this role, you will be an integral part of Team Rubicon’s aggressive and creative plan to develop new learning experiences. You will need to be comfortable with learning new things and switching between projects, as you may at the same time be tasked with developing in-person training on conflict resolution and job aids for proper chainsaw maintenance. You will work with subject matter experts in fields ranging from disaster management software to safe heavy equipment operation. You will also take the lead in turning performance problems into opportunities for improvement through creative and thoughtful instructional design. You’ll be faced with many challenges, and the only acceptable response is, “Bring it.”
Our culture requires individuals foolish enough to think they can change the world and smart enough to have a chance. Every day is a challenge, but every month brings new opportunities for an organization that is quickly becoming a household name in disaster response. This position reports to TR’s Senior Associate, Training Content Development, and is based out of TR Headquarters in Los Angeles. Only the most awesome candidates should apply, period.
- Taking the lead on design and production of online and in-person training products from inception to completion
- Reviewing work in various forms and providing respectful and productive feedback and constructive criticism
- Coordinating with stakeholders and other teams to ensure collaboration and consistent, timely, and appropriate messaging
- Identifying problems, seeing them as opportunities for growth and innovation, and developing solutions
- Bringing people to the table to facilitate collaboration and cross-departmental communication
- Independently writing text that is well-formed, easy to read, and largely free of any grammar or composition errors
Experience and Background:
- 2+ years of instructional design and content development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, education, English, or other relevant humanities or social science degree
- Experience working with the Articulate Storyline and Rise
- Experience working in copyediting a plus
- Experience working in veteran and/or volunteer organizations a plus
- Professional Competency, Training Content Development: demonstrated passion for instructional design and training development with a track record of career progression in the field.
- Built To Serve: authentic connection to Team Rubicon’s culture and mission, as demonstrated by empathy for others and a track record of service
- Resilience & Adaptability: ability to successfully navigate a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and solve problems in the face of ambiguity and constant change
- Trust & Respect: respect and inclusiveness. High openness to feedback; respect for the opinions and differences of others; and a tendency to always assume the positive intent of others
- Quality of Work: Freedom from errors and mistakes, ability to meet objectives.
- Problem Solving/Resourcefulness: Applies systematic and timely problem-solving solutions, creates new approaches, procedures and processes, takes initiative, utilizes resources, adjusts to changes in jobs/priorities.
- Receptive to Feedback: Gives and receives feedback professionally, incorporates feedback into future actions, willing to learn from mistakes.
- Position is based at the national office in Los Angeles, CA