Head of Publishing, SEA
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Head of Publishing, SEA, you're an integral part of our Garena partner management team in Los Angeles. You will oversee the delivery of all of our PR, sales, marketing, branding, exhibition, and community management efforts through our partners across Taiwan and Southeast Asia. You love challenging convention with entrepreneurial spirit, you're willing to embrace the unknown and you're able to come up with groundbreaking initiatives that will take our relationship with players and media partners to the next level. You're a master at influencing and communicating with leadership, partners and peers to get to the right outcomes for our players in Southeast Asia.
As a LAX Rioter, you'll join an entrepreneurial team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our obsession with player experience, a maniacal passion for gaming and rejection of convention.
- An experienced strategist: you've cracked tough business strategy problems during your 8+ years of work experience, and with at least 3 years at a top tier management consultancy. You're a seasoned veteran with several years of post-consulting experience. Extra points for experience managing an external partner or for working in SE Asia
- A critical thinker: for you, easy equals boring, and you relish a challenge because you take creative problem-solving in your morning coffee; you use data and research to find the best solutions when metaphorical (and very rarely literal) fires need to be put out
- A master of mediums: You convey your thoughts with ease and clarity, whether you're emailing an industry contact, giving a presentation, or chatting about your favorite hole-in-the-wall restaurant. You're fluent in Keynote, Slides, Powerpoint and maybe a couple of other tools mere mortals have never heard of
- Not afraid of numbers: You're proud of your spreadsheets and a nerd for fancy formulas. You know that data and insights are not the same thing and are capable of distilling lots of messy spreadsheets into actionable and needle-moving change
- Good at getting things done: You don't wait for opportunity to knock - you kick the door off its hinges to grab it first; armed with a five, ten, and hundred-year plan (subject to change, of course), you're constantly seeking the next challenge that'll level up your skills
- Not afraid of a plane: Sometimes getting things done means being on the ground. You are willing and able to spend time working directly with our Regional Team in SEA for up to 25% of your time
- Culturally astute: You never stop learning about new cultures and traditions so you can provide players a unique, local experience; fluency in English is a must. Fluency in Mandarin, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Thai, Malay or Bahasa nets you bonus points
- Player focused: you understand your impact on the player experience because you are a player too. You use that knowledge to improve the overall experience of all our games. You've got a passion for gaming (especially League of Legends) and a deep interest in the gaming industry; it's this passion for play that authentically connects you with Riot's global mission
- Create, drive and influence campaign strategies in partnership with the development team that will hit the mark in culturally-relevant ways for players in Taiwan and Southeast Asia
- Manage key performance indicators to set goals for and track the performance of our publishing efforts, ensuring parity between Tencent, Garena and Riot managed regions
- Work with SEA leadership to create and launch innovative programs that drive our shared KPIs with Garena throughout Taiwan and SE Asia
- Identify opportunities and problems that plague League of Legends players in Partner Regions, then champion, plan, and collaborate with internal teams to execute the programs needed to address them
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.