Growth & Social Media Fellow
ATTN: is seeking an ambitious, proactive, strategic individual to work with our audience team, track analytics, and work with technology and content teams to maximize growth and user engagement. This role will be part of a team that helps shape user experience, website layout and functionality, content direction, social media strategy, and the development of analytics tools.
This person should be numbers and data-driven, think creatively, and be enthusiastic about analyzing performance metrics. Most importantly, this person must be a hard-working self-starter with a desire to learn by doing.
- Build traffic, views, and audience
- Work with technology team to set up tracking and analytics
- Analyze existing data to suggest technologies as well as content strategy
- Help shape ATTN: products through constant A/B testing
- Serve as Audience Development lead across platforms, setting company-wide goals
- Optimize website conversion, user data collection, and engagement
- Work with social media, technology and editorial teams to increase views on content
- Test everything
- Manage traffic partnerships
- Relevant coursework or other job experience a plus
- SEO experience a plus
- Experience in Google Analytics, social media platforms, and other analytics tools a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent writing, research, and analytical skills
- Excellent working knowledge of heavily trafficked social media sites including Facebook, Tumblr,Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
- Comfort in a fast paced environment and the ability to work independently
- Ability to work in an environment where flexibility, collaboration, creativity and fast execution are required
- Demonstrated excitement about ATTN:'s mission
- Creative, independent thought process
This is a PAID position. (ATTN: pays all Fellows.)
Candidates should use the cover letter field on this page to answer the following questions. (Alternatively you may email [email protected] with the subject line “Social Media Fellow” and include your resume, a short cover letter, and an addendum answering the below questions.)
- Do you thrive in a fast paced environment that forces you to learn by doing? If you can, please include at least one specific example where you have been put in this situation.
- Are you comfortable collecting and analyzing data to inform decisions? Have you ever worked in a data-driven environment? Explain.
- When building an “audience” from scratch, what are the pros and cons to focusing on each of these platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Google (SEO), and Tumblr. Be as specific as possible!
- Please note which of the following you have an active account with and use regularly (we’re not asking for your username, we just want to get a sense of the platforms you’re comfortable with): Facebook ___ YouTube ___ Twitter ___ Tumblr ___ Instagram ___ Google+ ___ Pinterest ___ Reddit ___ StumbleUpon ___ Snapchat___ Vine___
- Which of the platforms in question 4 is your favorite and why?