ConsumerTrack™ is unique in the digital marketing and media industry - we combine marketing, digital, content and fintech. Our performance based approach increases brand awareness and generates targeted audience engagement on our internal web properties and partner sites.
Learn More About What We Do
ConsumerTrack is seeking a motivated Executive Editor to be the creative lead of our premier personal finance lifestyle brand, GoBankingRates. The candidate should have a passion for editorial operation and data-driven content.
- Managing, mentoring, and growing a team of senior managers, editors and writers
- Brainstorming content topics & delivering strong content across broad finance verticals - at GBR we follow the whole money journey, crossing demographics and traditional lifestyle verticals
- Working closely with upper management to understand our audience and the data to establish goals and a path to exceed them
- Using analytics to assess content strategy and make results-driven decisions
- Spotting unique angles on trending stories, working with senior managers and editors to ensure timely and high-quality execution of those stories
- Working with senior managers to implement and develop process and workflow best practices
- Contributing to the voice of GBR by defining quality standards and regularly providing feedback and training sessions for our writers and editors
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, media, etc.
- 6+ years' experience executing editorial goals and strategic plans.
- 6+ years’ in a people and production management position, including experience hiring a strong team.
- Must be a strong editor, passionate wordsmith, well-versed in search and eager to empower their team with that knowledge.
- Previous work experience at a digital publisher, news website or other major online media outlet.
- Must be able to show they can package content for the internet.
- Ability to analyze and explain complex issues in a way that resonates with our audience.
- Ability to see projects through from conception to execution while juggling changing priorities.
- Experience working within content management systems and project management software.
- Strong eye for, and interest in, cultivating and molding young talent.
- Experience working with other senior management to constantly consider new and better ways to tell a story.
- Knowledge of the personal finance space a plus.
- Newspaper experience a plus.
- Competitive salary with excellent growth opportunity; we pride ourselves in having a team that exudes leadership, high initiative, creativity, and passion.
- Awesome medical, dental and vision plans with heavy employer contribution.
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days.
- Company funding for outside classes and conferences to help you improve your skills.
- Contribution to Student Loan Debt after the first year of employment.
- 401k- We match 3% of employee’s salary after the first year of employment.
- In-office gym and weekly fitness and yoga classes.
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages.
LOCAL LOS ANGELES COUNTY CANDIDATES ONLY!
NO REMOTE WORK-we want you to be a part of our elite team!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.