Director, Film & TV Synchronization
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We are currently seeking a passionate and driven pitch person to join the East Coast Label Shared Services Sync. team. The Vice President will be responsible for overseeing all sync. activity for Republic Records, as well as pitching the East Coast Label Group roster for placements in Film & TV. The position requires excellent relationships within the music supervision community and a deep understanding of all aspects of the pitching process from creative to clearance.
The responsibilities of the Vice President, Film & TV synchronization will include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as the label point person for Republic Records including attending weekly Marketing meetings, setting label priorities with the sync team, and general oversight of events and music servicing
- Pitching and facilitating Film & TV placements from start to finish for the entire East Coast Label Group frontline catalog – Island, Def Jam, Republic and Verve
- Processing a high volume of creative briefs in a timely and efficient manner, while still delivering the best ideas from our roster
- Partnering with our clearance team and outside publishers, to ensure placements are cleared quickly and efficiently
- Acting as a liaison and account manager for assigned music supervisors and studios
- Responsibility for logging, maintaining and managing pending deals to report back to the Marketing departments at each label
- Troubleshoot master and split discrepancies and work with our partners to come to a resolution
- Management of the contact list to ensure it's up to date and to consistently chase new business opportunities for our roster
- Proactively reach out to assigned clients to garner sync placements and valuable looks for our artists
- Lead any on camera opportunities and showcases for East Coast Label Group artists
- Monitor and keep up to date with trends in licensing, synch, film, and television.
- Must have a passion for all genres of music and be a team player
- Provable track record in landing syncs in various Film + Television projects
- Must have extensive relationships in the music supervision community, as well as with other labels and publishers
- In-depth understanding of Music Licensing
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently
- Excellent communication, time management and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to thrive in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a creative capacity in a sync department preferred, but will also consider similar experience in music supervision
- BA degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.