At Chef’d we believe great food creates memories, enhances moments, and nurtures the soul. Our mission is to enrich lives through culinary adventure with our hand-cultivated, meticulously curated, delicious experiences. Chef’d is the only subscription-free meal marketplace allowing you to discover new foods the way you want—no strings attached. We have over 1500 recipes from some of the best names in food—celebrity chefs, major brands, and culinary influencers.
We're a team filled with chef's, culinary writers, data scientists, marketing/sales experts, production associates and more - all committed to playing our hearts out. We follow through with our goals, move fast, and take risks. The industry is growing and we're at the forefront of innovation and personalization.
Chef'd, a venture-backed, series-B company, is beginning to experience high growth as we scale our operations to new markets and distribution channels. There are plenty of areas where we can innovate and optimize.
Chef’d is looking for a Culinary Recipe Writer to join our growing team. This person will report to the Culinary Editor. This is an integral role on the culinary team and responsibilities include validating, writing and editing recipes for Chef’d and Chef’d Partners.
This person will oversee the recipe writing process to ensure each recipe maintains its original integrity, while also ensuring each recipe is effectively modified to a meal kit format. Experience in a culinary environment is a plus, as you will need to thoroughly understand the culinary and test kitchen process. This person must be able to communicate cooking know-how through clear and compelling recipes.
To succeed at Chef’d, you must be energetic, highly organized, and hardworking. You should have a passion for food, the ability to create exceptional customer experiences, and work well in environments that are constantly changing. We’re a fast growing start-up revolutionizing the food and meal kit industries - change is constant and fun!
- Write and edit recipes into the Chef’d format
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly with a positive attitude to frequent changes
- Impart a creative and engaging tone into the recipes while following Chef’d brand guidelines
- Make sure recipe changes and adaptations stay true to original versions submitted by partners
- Work with the culinary team in our kitchen throughout the testing process
- Write additional copy around each recipe--info, story, 411, pairings, etc.
- Coordinate with chefs and account managers to ensure deadlines and timelines are met
- 1 to 3+ yrs of professional writing experience
- Experience with food writing, editing, and idea generation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to toggle between multiple teams and prioritize team needs, while staying cool under pressure
- Must be deadline-driven, organized, and an effective communicator
- Excellent research and fact checking skills
- Proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, Microsoft Office, and Google Suite
- Experience working in a kitchen or culinary environment
- Understanding of culinary units of measurement,ingredients, tools, cooking techniques
- Can capture estimated total cooked times of recipes when writing recipes
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Must love food
Founded in 2014, Chef'd is Headquartered in El Segundo, CA with production facilities in El Segundo, CA, Brooklyn, NY, and Pico Rivera, CA. Chef'd offers competitive compensation packages including full medical, dental, and vision benefits, flexible PTO, pet insurance, and discounts on meal kits!