Who We Are
Albert is a new type of financial service that uses powerful technology to automate your finances, with a team of human experts to guide you. Albert saves and invests automatically for you, helps you avoid overdrafts, finds savings you’re missing, identifies bills you’re overpaying, and much more. Text Albert a financial question, and we’ll not only offer guidance; we’ll help you make it happen.
We’re an LA-based startup with a proven business model, backed by top-tier institutional investors, with over 4 million users who have trusted Albert to help them achieve their financial goals. We’re on a mission to improve the financial lives of millions of people with a beautifully-designed, simple product, and we’re looking for thoughtful, talented people to join us on our journey.
About the Role
We're looking for an experienced copywriter who can contribute great lines off the bat while helping our brand grow its voice. As our copywriter, you'll be joining our "copy pod" of three — soon to be four — writers. Our copy spans Albert's product/UX, growth/marketing, and organic content/social media realms — so you'll have to be interested in all of them. (But it's okay to have a favorite.) You'll be collaborating on our newsletter, The Post, pitching content, proofing, and writing entire editions when needed. You'll also be writing our Help Center and Knowledge Center articles for Albert.com and eventually blog posts as we amp up our web presence with greater storytelling and more videos.
Crafting funny Instagram captions and enticing Facebook ads, approving support responses, and writing clever-yet-clear app UI copy could all be in a day's work. (If someone somewhere at Albert needs help with copy, you're able to use your words.) You'll also help us cultivate Albert's brand voice, in addition to coming up with winning lines for big launches.
Things you're good at
- Collaborating — and being creative. You're an indispensable part of our brainstorms, contributing ideas alongside every member of marketing, including designers, writers, strategists, sometimes the CEO.
- Listening, reading, communicating. If something's unclear, you know what questions to ask.
- Juggling multiple deadlines. You'll be collaborating on projects across departments, all with different timelines. You know how to manage your own workflow.
- Paying attention to detail. You spot typos from miles away.
- Editorial judgment. You have a preternatural knack for identifying topics and headlines that are interesting and illuminating, extremely clickable without being clickbaity.
- Speaking to millennials and Gen Z. You know how to write for our core audience.
- And writing, of course. Your writing has a sense of humor without sacrificing clarity, power, or empathy. Sometimes our copy experiments with absurdism and sometimes it's meat-and-potato sales performance. You're up for tackling the spectrum.
- 4 year degree
- At least four years experience writing for a brand, agency, or publication
- Experience working on a team in a quickly changing, deadline-driven setting
- A portfolio of your irresistible writing — playful, compelling, of various lengths (please attach it or include link(s))
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 401K match
- Premium health, vision, and dental insurance fully covered by Albert
- Free lunch daily
Read Full Job Description