Copywriter - Freelance at Cameo
Our mission is to create the most personalized and authentic fan experiences in the world. We're a marketplace where fans can book personalized video shoutouts from their favorite people. We've helped create over 500,000 moments for our customers and built a marketplace for over 20,000 talent to connect with their biggest fans. We’re breaking down the exclusivity myth of celebrity by building personal relationships between fans and talent.
Cameo is one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For and also recognized on TIME Magazine's 50 Most Genius Companies list. We are a global company, headquartered in Chicago, IL in the Fulton Market neighborhood and HQ2 in Venice, CA.
We recently closed our Series B round led by Kleiner Perkins who has backed other tech giants including Google, Spotify, and Amazon. Join our team and be able to experience a rocketship from its early days. We want you to be excited about coming to work every day, knowing that the work you dedicate yourself to will have a material impact and help shape the direction of the next great tech company.
About the Role
As a Copywriter, will be instrumental in crafting and evolving the strategy and guidelines for all of our communications. You’ll work in deep partnership with marketing, growth and product to use that strategy to create clear and concise messaging that reflects Cameo’s brand and voice, resulting in better communication to our talent and customers across all touchpoints.
How You’ll Crush It
- Codify and develop the Cameo voice to write clear and concise content across multiple touch points (including product, emails, marketing pages, and notifications)
- Design and implement clear, concise, and playful messaging strategy
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to advocate for messaging that will resonate best with our audience
- Partner with other experience designers to craft effective and enjoyable customer and talent product experiences
- Feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Be excited to collaborate with the marketing team to come up with content ideas that engage our audience
- Evangelize those resources across the company
- Develop content frameworks and narratives that explain your recommendations and help people understand the practice of content strategy
- Share your work with the entire company to help build a more consistent approach to every communication
What we hope you'll bring to the table:
- 3-5+ years of experience in copywriting and/or content strategy at a consumer facing company
- Strong understanding of user flows and UX/UI principles
- A love for comedy, humor, and the ability to convey it through writing
- Ability to express your thoughts clearly in written communication
- Communicate strategically, creatively and concisely
- High attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Experience building content strategy from the ground up
- A variety of experience across product and marketing (i.e. emails, ads, Instagram, blogs)
* Please attach a portfolio or link featuring work examples*
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.