Dave is a banking app on a mission to create financial opportunity that advances America’s collective potential. Dave's financial tools, including its debit card and spending account, help its more than 10 million customers bank, budget, avoid overdraft fees, find work and build credit.
Dave is a virtual-first company, which means there is no preference on where team members get their work done. Employees are able to live anywhere in the United States, with the only exception of Hawaii for now. For those who want to work in an office setting on a more regular basis, we will eventually open offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Dave is backed by Mark Cuban, Norwest Venture Partners, Section 32, and Financial Venture Studios, among many others and just announced our plans to go public by the end of 2021.
We are seeking a bold, creative and engaging copywriter who can communicate the value and benefits of Dave’s product portfolio to the prospects and existing members. You are a master of the craft, producing clear, compelling copy for our customers while also understanding the business objectives behind the work. The ideal candidate will thrive in a high-volume environment while developing original copy and collaborating with a driven and dedicated team of creatives, marketers, and operators. You’ll play an important role in developing concepts and executing ideas for product launches, marketing touch points, customer communication channels, and strategic frameworks.
In collaboration with product marketers, you’ll be building the Dave brand by creating consumer-facing copy about our product portfolio, internal strategic copy, value propositions, and messaging hierarchies for our products. You should also be able to write emails and banner ads, all the way up to creating copy based on user research and competitive analysis so as to differentiate. And to ensure a consistent consumer journey, you’ll be collaborating with UX writers, a UX researcher and designers to achieve clarity, quality, and creativity across all touch points.
What You'll Do
- Be responsible for keeping and ensuring Dave’s brand and tone of voice together with other copywriters, creatives, and designers
- Collaborate with marketing, product, and legal to assess copy/creative needs and messaging priorities
- Present copy strategy and creative concepts
- Write copy along the creative spectrum, from compelling campaign lines to clear instructional messages, across a range of deliverables and channels
- Test and improve our communication/copy by A/B testing multiple iterations
- Translate user research findings into polished, engaging copy for specific audiences
- Own the audit and feedback loops with teams and partners to uphold our voice and brand standards
- Maintain and document evolving tone of voice guidelines and content standards
- Partner with design peers to consistently raise the bar for creative development and execution
What You'll Need
- 5+ years Copywriting experience ideally in an evolving eCommerce company and/or a leading/innovative B2C brand
- A strong sense of empathy with the consumer coupled with an ability to bring a brand to life through written words
- A proven ability to partner across multi-disciplinary teams and build approval processes that engage multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability in creative writing, creative ideation and campaign thinking
- Strong ability to simplify, simplify, simplify.
- Experience in A/B testing
- Experience with translating tonality across languages and cultures
- Experience in writing for many different channels/formats
- Good listener and understanding for cross-functional stakeholder management
- Ability to proactively prioritize, manage and complete multiple projects within time constraints and with strong attention to detail.
- A positive, go-getter attitude; passion for storytelling and helping build a growing brand.
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
• Company provided Basic Life and Short-Term Disability plans
• Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
• Voluntary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability plans
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Generous and flexible PTO
• Flexible work hours
• Generous paid parental leave
• A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
• Virtual social events
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.