Content Protection Analyst
UMPG is currently seeking a Content Protection Analyst to focus exclusively on the day-to-day management of UMPG's catalog online, with an emphasis on monetization and anti-piracy strategy. This position will be housed within the Business Affairs Department and will provide an immediate resource for stakeholders within the company for content protection needs.
- Develop and implement monetization and anti-piracy strategies across multiple platforms and create customized reports illustrating the effectiveness of such campaigns.
- Establish an in-depth understanding of the tools provided in YouTube's Content Management System ("CMS") as well as similar systems on other digital platforms.
- Manage and assess the accuracy of composition-related data in YouTube's CMS.
- Deliver UMPG staff and/or writers detailed reports highlighting relevant analytics supplied by YouTube, including summaries of blocked and monetized videos.
- Respond to ad hoc requests from UMPG staff for reports that highlight online activity of current or prospective clients.
- Work closely with senior management to ensure high priority writer requests are fulfilled.
- Develop relationships with UMPG writers and their managers to guarantee the satisfactory use of their compositions online, thoroughly answering any questions they may have and engaging in email exchanges and phone calls whenever necessary.
- Interface with UMG's Content Protection and Claiming Strategy teams to ensure UMPG staff is up-to-date with best practices.
- Issue DMCA takedown notices upon request.
- Forward thinking and ambitious.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Passion for music and technology.
- Solution oriented.
- Ability to strategize and conceptualize new ideas.
- Experience in new media and social networking.
- College degree preferred.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.