Content Manager, Scripted (Genre) at Quibi
Launching next year, Quibi is the first entertainment platform that fits perfectly into any moment of your day. We’re on a mission to entertain, inform and inspire with fresh content from today’s top talent—one quick bite at a time. Founded by Jeffrey Katzenberg and Meg Whitman, Quibi brings together the best of Hollywood and Silicon Valley.
Every day, we’re defining the next era of storytelling while reinventing what a start-up can look like. Our trailblazing team is laser focused on our core audience, producingawe-inspiring shows for an intuitive, mobile-first platform, and creating a culture where everyone is heard. Yes, it’s a tall order—and that’s what makes it so exciting. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and build something from the ground up, working here will never be just a job.
Quibi has an immediate opening for a content manager to oversee the development and production of premium, short-form content focused on genre IP (comics, graphic novels, sci-fi, fantasy, drama).
What You'll Do:
- Bring in material for development, with a specific focus on relevant genre content and IP
- Provide knowledge, support and guidance for the content team at large about key genre IP and creators
- Will act as point person for projects from development through series production
What You'll Need:
- Knowledge of the creative community, ability to work with talent, writers, producers and directors and be a representative of the Company.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in television, film and/or streaming series as a manager, producer or buyer in development and current production.
- Must have strong knowledge of and familiarity with genre material and creators, as well as showrunners, directors and talent in this space.
- Ideally have knowledge of diverse content creators including writers, directors, and producer
- Familiarity with creative, business deal structures and production oversight are required.
- General knowledge of content lifecycles, from pitch through delivery is important.
- Ability to work with limited formal support. An Administrative Assistant/Coordinator will be shared with another Creative Executive.
- Ability to work in an open concept work environment at all levels.
- Self-starter who shows initiative and urgency under pressure to deliver for launch and beyond.
- Experience in and passion for inclusion and belonging within the organization and in the material and creators with whom we work is highly desirable.