At Chef’d we believe great food creates memories, enhances moments, and nurtures the soul. Our mission is to enrich lives through culinary adventure with our hand-cultivated, meticulously curated, delicious experiences. Chef’d is the only subscription-free meal marketplace allowing you to discover new foods the way you want—no strings attached. We have over 1500 recipes from some of the best names in food—celebrity chefs, major brands, and culinary influencers.
We're a team filled with chef's, culinary writers, data scientists, marketing/sales experts, production associates and more - all committed to playing our hearts out. We follow through with our goals, move fast, and take risks. The industry is growing and we're at the forefront of innovation and personalization.
Chef'd, a venture-backed, series-B company, is beginning to experience high growth as we scale our operations to new markets and distribution channels. There are plenty of areas where we can innovate and optimize.
The Category Manager is responsible for driving category management principles through the application of strong, proactive data analytics and consumer/shopper insights. This role is primarily responsible for meat and perishable product categories, and will partner with internal teams to understand priorities, identify strategic opportunities to differentiate vendors, build and nurture key supplier partnerships to drive down costs and increase quality of ingredients. The Category Manager will also support and positively influence team financial goals, product mix, business relationships, innovation needs, and team culture.
To succeed at Chef’d, you must be an energetic, highly organized, and hardworking problem-solver. You should have a passion for food, the ability to create exceptional customer experiences, and work well in environments that are constantly changing. We are a fast growing company revolutionizing the online grocery experience!
- Develop and implement contract pricing and sourcing strategy for produce supply chain, integrated with quality and food safety processes, marketing and merchandising strategy, and company mission
- Lead efforts to expand ability to source ingredients for new products, new channels, new geographies and new categories
- Negotiate best available terms with key vendors to support ingredient sourcing of large, high-priority ingredient categories and maximize margins
- Source additional vendors to reduce supply disruptions
- Work with vendors to reduce handling and packaging
- Conduct quarterly reviews with key vendors
- Continuously improve sourcing strategies across all categories including produce, grocery, and packaging
- Collaborate with culinary team to source new ingredients
- Support finance function in quarterly forecasting
- Monitor market trends and recommend investment buys
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a category manager, experience with perishable foods highly preferred
- Experience in contract negotiation and strategic buys
- Strong communication skills
- Highly proficient in MS Excel
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Founded in 2014, Chef'd is Headquartered in El Segundo, CA with production facilities in El Segundo, CA, Brooklyn, NY, and Pico Rivera, CA. Chef'd offers competitive compensation packages including full medical, dental, and vision benefits, flexible PTO, pet insurance, and discounts on meal kits!