Associate Proposal Writer
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
We are looking for an Associate Proposal Writer to join our team. This person will be collaborative; a critical thinker who can create and edit smart copy; and someone who can translate complicated concepts and government policies into beautiful, jargon free prose.
The Associate Proposal Writer will be involved with all aspects of the production process from researching requirements and laws, to gathering content from internal teams, to writing and editing.
You will be responsible for conveying the unique value Bird can offer cities. This person will craft and spearhead our responses for competitive procurement domestically and internationally.
- Draft, write and edit Requests for Proposal (RFP’s) and other external facing documents to help Bird get scooter permits in various cities.
- Develop relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders; working daily with our GP Associate team.
- Champion the Bird brand voice and style throughout your writing.
- Copy-write for a variety of different audiences and functions.
- Juggle multiple projects with competing priorities and tight deadlines in an ever changing environment.
- Own your work from start to finish; able to work independently while also supporting the greater team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Business, English or a related field
- Strong writing skills with proven work to showcase
- 3-5 years of experience in proposal, permit or grant writing
- Sales experience preferred
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work in ambiguity
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description