Would you consider yourself a savvy online shopper who knows all of the best brands and designers from emerging to established? Are you the kind of person who stays up-to-date with the latest trends? If so, we want to meet you (virtually, of course).
Named to Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies list in 2017, Digiday's Most Innovative Publisher in 2018, and Comparably’s Best Companies for Company Culture in 2019 - Who What Wear is seeking a full-time Associate Market Editor to join its fast-paced editorial team.
As the Associate Market Editor, you will pitch and write daily content across fashion and beauty verticals for WhoWhatWear.com, specifically creating market-focused content aimed at conversion and high search performance. Our ideal candidate is extremely data-driven and can easily determine what’s on brand for Who What Wear. Above all else, we are looking for someone who is the right balance of analytical, creative and deeply motivated by performance metrics. This position is based in Los Angeles or New York.
*COVID-19 Hiring: We understand how difficult it is to start a new position with a new company in the age of the coronavirus. Our People team and hiring managers are here to guide you through this journey. During the pandemic, all of our offices are closed and all employees are working remotely until further notice. That said, all of our recruiting, interviews, and onboarding activities are online. Thank you for your flexibility.
- Pitch and write daily content for WhoWhatWear.com with a focus on shopping stories designed to drive commerce
- Merchandize for strong affiliate conversion while maintaining Who What Wear’s aspirational and fashion-forward POV
- Track analytics on multiple story KPIs, with a special focus on affiliate, to ensure team and personal goals are met
- Work with our consumer brands team on editorial support
- Merchandize products for newsletter inclusion, managing sponsored and editorial inclusions
- Keep finger on the pulse of retailers, brands, trends, key players, and industry news
- Develop editorial franchises that build brand equity
- Bring an innovative and creative approach to our traditionally top-performing story categories
- Build a roster of experts and story contributors to add compelling voices to the content mix
- 2-4+ years of experience writing for a digital publication
- Strong affiliate knowledge and commerce background
- Expert merchandising skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong visual sensibilities
- Sense of urgency and ability to quickly turn an idea into a final product
- Collaborative spirit with a positive, can-do attitude
- Exceptional body of work demonstrating ability to package content
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and meet tight daily deadlines with a strong sense of accountability
- Strong knowledge of SEO
- General working knowledge of HTML and CMS
As an editorial candidate you may be asked to perform certain written edit tests that will be used solely for the interview and selection process. These assessments will be limited in scope, time and not used for any other purpose other than candidate assessment.
Benefits & Perks:
- Work/Life Balance: Unlimited time off, paid holidays, summer Fridays, paid winter break, and flexible work schedules.
- Wellness: 85%–100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees in addition to short- and long-term disability coverage and life insurance.
- Financial Well-being: Sponsored 401k plan with unlimited access to financial advisors and planning tools. Bonus eligibility for all employees.
- Opportunity to Do Good: We’re proud to match 100% of employee donations made to organizations that combat racism and/or support recovery from racist acts of violence.
Who What Wear provides an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Who What Wear believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as an international company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
More about Who What Wear:
Who What Wear is an international fashion company known for its content sites—whowhatwear.com and whowhatwear.co.uk—and its affordable, size-inclusive, and trend-forward line of clothing and accessories. The brand was founded in 2006 by Hillary Kerr and Katherine Power and includes the chart-topping career podcast, Second Life, which is hosted by Kerr. Most recently, Who What Wear launched a sister company, Versed, which is a clean skincare line with products at affordable prices. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Who What Wear also has offices in New York City and London, with Amazon, Greycroft Partners, BDMI, WndrCo, and others as key investors.